imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 12-27-2008, 08:15 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default Christmas present

I figured their's no better place to talk about this then on here. For Christmas my dad bought me a Remington 870 Wingmaster Deluxe with a 28" barrel from 1967 in.... brand new condition. The person who owned it never took it out of the box. He got it from him for $175. He also bought me a nice case, some earmuffs, a spotting scope and a box of 25 remington #6 Birshot rounds. Still have to shoot it though, I'll be the first.

Also got the book Watchmen (I'll photocopy some images from the book for comparison to the film and determine some "could be's" in the movie).

Right now, I'm screencapping Terminator 2: Judgement Day. This is one of my favorite movies so I'm going all out. I also found just about every source in which the original props were used. It's gonna be a great page.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:41 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Nice! Get us some pictures in the Gun section ASAP.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:27 PM
IMFDB Admin

I'll try but like I said, I'm working on T2 right now.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:07 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
I'll try but like I said, I'm working on T2 right now.
Oh, well, no worries. Also, if you remind me, I'll take some pics of some more of my guns. Now that I am home, I should probably get more pics of my AK, Smith 4506, and some of my dad's guns. I really wanna show you guys what he did to his SAA.

Also, did you say you were planning to do "Romeo & Juliet"? If you want to, that's cool, but I was planning to rent that movie from iTunes and do it at some point. And if you've seen my "Hard Target", "Jericho", etc. pages, you know that iTunes movies are pretty high-res (they're not quite Blu Ray quality, but they're still really good).
Old 12-27-2008, 09:28 PM

I'm not sure what more there is to do on the T2 page, but that's all good.

The 19 should be here sometime next week, and my .45 got refinished and repaired so it's all good. I do envy you with your shotgun, but I'm not a hunter, I'd have to reconfigure it for my house.

As far as movie pages go, I don't have money to spend on DVDs or rentals, so making pages will be pretty slow. I've been wanting to redo the Pulp Fiction page but my sister won't return the DVD!I just edit what I can when I can.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:15 PM
IMFDB Admin

I finished the bulk of T2 now but I'm going to add extra info later on fun facts. As you can see, their was plenty to do for the page. I think it looks a lot better now.

If you want to screencap R+J, go ahead. I'm still going to buy it though because it was a good movie.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:38 AM
Site Manager

That's awesome man - get pictures up when you can, I'd love to drool over the original stock on a '67 Wingmaster.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:27 PM

The T2 page was one of the first ones I visited when I came here, and it's outstanding - if there's a single cool thing the movie you didn't highlight I'm damned if I can find it! I love the caps of the actors using the guns in training too, and the special effects entries are particularly fine - and comprehensive.

Must've taken you forever, but it was well worth it!