imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 01-17-2010, 02:09 PM

I'm definitely gonna give it a watch before I judge it myself, since it's got Liam Neeson (who, in addition to being a generally good actor, was handing out asses left and right in Taken). It just isn't gonna be the same without Mr. T as BA Baracus.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 01-17-2010, 03:49 PM

I think it looks pretty good and it has a good cast. I'm kinda pissed off at MT2008 for saying that it looks terrible from the trailer, but I'm guessing that's just first impressions. Anyway, I saw a trialer for From Paris With Love and it looks like it has some pretty good action sequences and a few comical scenes, but I think they balance each other out (I'm having high expectations for this film since it's from the guy who directed Taken). Travolta looks pretty badass in it with the beard and shavd head (I wonder if he's gotten over the death of his kid).
Old 01-17-2010, 04:09 PM

Rainbow Six a john woo movie? I looked it up and all there is is articles saying he will make one, nobody has any info on casting, release, etc.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:11 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Since it's John Woo, it'll probably have at least one guy dual wielding guns, there will be a random scene with watermelons and birds flying around

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 01-17-2010, 04:55 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
I'm kinda pissed off at MT2008 for saying that it looks terrible from the trailer, but I'm guessing that's just first impressions.
Sorry, but I reserve the right to my opinion. The scene with the tank falling through the air was just a little too absurd for my tastes. Plus, I'm really not a big fan of remakes (or making movies based on old TV shows).

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Rainbow Six a john woo movie? I looked it up and all there is is articles saying he will make one, nobody has any info on casting, release, etc.
That movie has been in "development hell" for so long that I'm not sure if Woo is still attached to it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Since it's John Woo, it'll probably have at least one guy dual wielding guns, there will be a random scene with watermelons and birds flying around
Yeah, possibly. Then again, maybe not. I remember when I saw "Windtalkers", I kept expecting somebody to pull out a pair of 1911s and dual-wield them, but Woo surprised me by not having any such scene in the film. Maybe he's finally moving past his old gimmicks. Besides, dual-wielding pistols is sooooo 1990s anyway.

Last edited by MT2008; 01-17-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:23 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

It's the first time I saw in a movie, a tank falling from the sky with ppl in it like that and a guy getting out to fire the .50 at something. It's just silly action. And it made me laugh at how awesome it was being portrayed.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 01-18-2010, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
We made an IMFDB page, not a topic. It doesn't mean we can't talk about the movie here.

As for me, personally, I think it looks stupid. The trailer alone caused me to cringe. Also, without offending some of our up-north friends here...any time I see that a movie is filmed mostly in British Columbia, I immediately think that it's going to be second-tier in almost everything.

(Television shows are another matter...a lot of TV shows I love were done in Vancouver.)
Usually I'd agree with you that Vancouver and BC means B-grade, but in this case the filmmakers have done a pretty decent job of transforming the place into Germany, Iraq and the Southwestern U.S. As long as they can do a fresh take on the movie without making it either too serious or too cheesy, this could easily be a good summer film.

Anyways, here are a few set photos for content:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ateam_2.jpg (34.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg ateam_bradley-cooper.jpg (73.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 91004np2_biel_b-gr_12.jpg (31.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 91004NP2_BIEL_B-GR_15.jpg (38.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 91004np1_cooper_b-gr_14.jpg (69.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 01-18-2010, 04:33 AM
IMFDB Admin

I hope it's more of an action comedy than a serious action epic. That was the tone of the original

Old 01-18-2010, 06:19 AM

yeah...the original was just as fucked in the head. there the same things. i asked my dad what the original was like and he shook his head and walked away. he enjoyed it but he knew it was a joke.

as for the tank falling through mid-air with the guys shooting the browning.
that made me laugh so hard i emailed it to all my contacts.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:08 PM

If John Woo makes an R6 movie, let's hope it has "Vegas" at the end.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman