imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 08:20 PM

I failed the easiest math placement test UH had

I didn't feel so bad about it when I realized that it was all stuff I had been taught 4 whole years ago (and probably forgot 3 years ago). I'm going to try the Pre-Calculus one later, since I took that class this year and still have some of my notes

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 06-14-2011, 09:52 PM

Got the job

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 06-14-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Got the job
Good for you!! I just need to get a few references for my job.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 06-14-2011, 11:27 PM

If this one guy does not accept, my father may put me to work on a job up in Wyoming

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 06-14-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
If this one guy does not accept, my father may put me to work on a job up in Wyoming
doing what?

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 06-14-2011, 11:37 PM
IMFDB Admin

A couple weeks ago I heard shots firing outside my house, so I went outside to check (this usually means my dad is test firing a gun with a customer, and I always come out to check and or get some trigger time). I came outside to find a blonde in her late 30s early 40s shooting a Ruger Mk II with target grips and a compensator.

In a state like NY, finding girls who like guns is kind of difficult, so it drew my interests that she was a shooter. Her problem was she was right handed but left eye-dominant. So I recommended to tape over the left eye of her shooting goggles (a common "fix" for incompatable eye to hand dominance), try shooting south paw (which due to the right-handed hand-hugging grips, wasn't possible), or to modify her form so that she could instinctively bring the gun to center in front of her left eye. She found the last one most useful after some practice.

I put a mag through it after her, and despite how much I dislike the Ruger's target sights (I don't like big blocky sights), I was popping the steel spinners most of the time.

We went back in the shop and she was talking about how she was addicted to buying new guns. She was looking through the catalogue for a new Kimber pistol. She had recently bought the kimber ultra rcp II 45, but didn't like it because the sights were too low-profile. I recommended the Ultra Raptor II and she said, "That was the one I wanted!" Then she talked about how she used to carry a SIG P238, which she had then replaced with a SIG P250 (which she said sucked, which I kind of expected of them), then moved on to a SIG P239, then went to the Kimbers. She also talked about wanting to get a Micro Desert Eagle or maybe an AMT Backup.

Just the fact she knew all these different varients (my dad was lost for most of this conversation) was pretty impressive. I may be turning 18 this month, but I admit I checked for a ring. Which was MIA. Not that I made any investment there, but the gun love gave me some older woman fever.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:53 PM

I wish my mom would stop complaining about every little thing I do (like not taking a shower in the morning and going to C.R. Hero's for lunch).

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 06-15-2011, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
I wish my mom would stop complaining about every little thing I do (like not taking a shower in the morning and going to C.R. Hero's for lunch).
take a shower you hippie
Old 06-15-2011, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
take a shower you hippie
I just did, you big corporation douche bag.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:48 AM

I shower at night. I dont see the point of a morning shower. I can only sleep if confortable (like, not feeling dirty) and dont get dirty by like, sleeping.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Closed Thread