imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 06-11-2011, 06:32 PM

I thought campaighn was much more polished and better than MP especially with the lean and peek mechanic for cover. And I had a SIG loaded with mec gar 18 rounders instead of a neutered beretta.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 06-11-2011, 07:18 PM

I somehow can't see a Hind taking *that* much fire from a minigun without going down. Maybe the armor plating can withstand it, but there's no way in hell cockpit canopy glass can.

But with that little nitpick said, I think I'm going to stick with my current plan of buying Battlefield 3 and starting up a free Gamefly trial to rent MW3 just to finish off the story.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 06-11-2011, 09:14 PM

The only reason i bought Medal of Honor was for the Battlefield 3 beta.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:09 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I tried the new MoH and it was ok. Not really much of a story when it comes to a military shooter. I like some of the gameplay like the ability to select fire on your weapons and it's cool when you reload your empty shotgun, you do a combat reload first

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 06-12-2011, 04:10 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
I somehow can't see a Hind taking *that* much fire from a minigun without going down. Maybe the armor plating can withstand it, but there's no way in hell cockpit canopy glass can.
It reminded me of the helicopter chase in Rambo II. Another MW staple, callbacks to action films.

And don't Hinds have armored canopies? The minigun is "only" .30 cal.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:14 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I tried the new MoH and it was ok. Not really much of a story when it comes to a military shooter. I like some of the gameplay like the ability to select fire on your weapons and it's cool when you reload your empty shotgun, you do a combat reload first
I never used the shotgun that much in the game. Whenever I picked up an enemy weapon, it was to switch out the shotgun. But I know in my Remington 870 manual, it tells you to load a round in the chamber, turn on the safety, and then load the tube.

I didn't mind the story. It was a slice of an ongoing war, so I didn't expect much.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:46 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I used the shotgun often enough. It's pretty good

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 06-12-2011, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
It reminded me of the helicopter chase in Rambo II. Another MW staple, callbacks to action films.

And don't Hinds have armored canopies? The minigun is "only" .30 cal.
From what I hear from a friend who is a gunship pilot the Hind does have over a ton of armor around the cockpit. Litterally the pilot is in an A-10 style bathtub of the stuff. That will stop a burst from a minigun. The armored canopy will stop 7.62 rounds and resist the first few 12.7mm rounds. the Fun thing about Miniguns is that they chew through targets. It's like with an American 180. I can build a concrete wall that is resistant to .30-06 ammo. the .22LR American 180 might not punch a hole with one round but with concentrated fire it eats cinderblocks for lunch.

As far as the rest of the hind goes alot of it has no armor at all.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:27 AM

^Precisely. A minigun spitting out 50 rounds per second is going to eat that canopy glass alive, as the saying goes.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 06-12-2011, 07:00 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I didn't mind the story. It was a slice of an ongoing war, so I didn't expect much.
I think the main problem with the story was that it never really established who Rabbit was but still wanted you to care about what happened to him, despite that it was kinda hard to even remember which one he was. I don't really understand why FPSes are so opposed to talking player characters, I never minded when Nomad did it in Crysis or Kellar did it in Black.

That plus it was rather hard to get a handle on what was actually happening aside from that everyone seemed to be trying to climb a mountain for some reason. It was kinda hard to feel a sense of achievement at the end when I wasn't even sure what I'd just done.