imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 11-16-2009, 04:11 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I can understand the Russians cracking the ACS and jamming all satcom so that NORAD couldn't see the Russians coming, but how did they get such a large force pass I don't know...Europe? I mean to conserve fuel, they'd need to fly in a straight line all the way to the east coast, they'd need carrier groups for some of them. They were able to transport BTRs, helicopters, trucks. They must have captured one of the airports on the East coast and used that as a runway to land their planes, otherwise, it'd be impossible to even attempt the operation.

Now let's get back to how the Russians can impossibly get pass England without them noticing.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 11-16-2009, 07:30 PM

and back to what they were attempting to do......they can't take over the nited states, all they could do was cause as much damage as they could before their imminent defeat.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:44 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Well then I thought to myself maybe that was the whole point. The Russians would unofficially sanction an op of this size knowing full well that there's no point. They know that a force that size in the United States would only serve to simply piss the US off. All they would want is to just inflict as much hurt as possible. Essentially, Russia has turned into a mad dog and would blindly throw thousands of soldiers to their deaths for some petty revenge.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 11-16-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Quite a few, I imagine.

Has anyone noticed any movie references in the SP campaign?
I've got a handful. In D.C when your chopper goes down, you have your weapon and one magazine. Sgt. Foley then gives you his last magazine so that you can help fend off the Russians. It was very Black Hawk Down, no?

Also, while not really references, but more coincidence, the voice acting for Sgt. Foley and Cpl. Dunn, the two other main characters for the Rangers Campaign were done by Keith David (who played King in Platoon), and Barry Pepper (who played Pvt. Daniel Jackson in Saving Private Ryan), respectively.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:27 PM
IMFDB Admin

For gamers, Keith David is more known as the Arbiter in Halo. Foley was a character seen in previous Call of Duty games

Old 11-18-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
I've got a handful. In D.C when your chopper goes down, you have your weapon and one magazine. Sgt. Foley then gives you his last magazine so that you can help fend off the Russians. It was very Black Hawk Down, no?
Yeah, now that I think about it, it reminds me of Shughart and Gordon's defense of Durant's crash site.

Another one is the green flares used to avert the air strike in Whiskey Hotel is similar to the scene in The Rock when Nicholas Cage tries to wave off the F/A-18s before they bomb Alcatraz. The camera angle when the fighters pull off is almost identical and they pull off in the same formation, with the lead plane pulling up and his wings banking off to the right and left respectively.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 11-18-2009, 02:43 PM

what im wondering, why did price launch a nuke?
Old 11-18-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
what im wondering, why did price launch a nuke?
Yet another part of the plot that makes no sense.

I keep watching the credits trying to find the name HIDEO KOJIMA (a man known for writing game plots that are confusing and make no sense), but it hasn't happened yet.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 11-18-2009, 05:03 PM
IMFDB Admin

Actually, it makes some kind of sense. Let's assume that the Russians got thousands of troops into the East Coast with tons and tons of fighters, tanks, AFVs, troop transports and long range communications to make contact with Russian about their progress.

Price asked Shepard is he willing to do whatever it takes to win. And this nuke is launched and detonated in the upper atmosphere. Think 007 Golden Eye. A nuke detonated in the atmosphere won't be radioactive to anyone except in space, but the EMP burst will rain down on the general area of where it exploded. I don't know if the EMP could wipe out the entire east coast like that, but basically, that one EMP took out every electrical equipment on the East Coast, comms, vehicles, fighters, optics on rifles. They've all shut down. So essentially, the Russian troops on the East Coast are cut off to tell Russia of their progress, they lost their air support on the front line while the US reinforcements can be brought in from the west, the Russians have lost their armor, troop transportation, while the US can bring in everything they can bear right away. So all that's left of the Russians to deal with on the East Coast would be their infantry, which has no comms, no armor or air support.

It'll be messy as fuck to clean up, but essentially, it's over for the Russians.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:12 PM

seen one cheapass tactic in cod 4, the glitches that allow you to get under the map so noone can hit you. Kind of like cod 5 with the rock on makin you could jump inside....