imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 01:29 AM
IMFDB Admin

So far we have 5 main characters and am looking for extras for zombies. We have lots of real guns, but little blanks so expect lots of CGI muzzle flashes . I have a good video editor and people who know how to use them, so editing will be decent. We have a decent budget since a few people on the team have jobs, so we can buy lots of corn syrup and red dye (a must for a zombie movie is BLOOD). We need a decent camera, the hand cam we have can only allow us nothing more than a crappy "Clover Field" style rip off.

The basic story was written by me in 20 minutes during a study hall, but someone else wrote a script out of it which I still have to read and revise.

Zombie makeup will be hard to get but we'll figure it out.

I'm very pleased with the story, and the ending is cool (I'm the last one alive in the story, yay!)

I'll try to make a dvd out of it, or send you a copy to download on the net so you can watch it. But first, I have to make it.

Two things worry me though. Acting and gun handling. Most of the people I'm working with on the movie aren't very good with guns (except one who is airforced trained, but don't ask me how since he's 16 ), and some parents won't let their kids use real guns, so I have to give them airsoft guns (which I hate doing). Also, even MY acting is a little wooden.

I know I'm taking this too seriously, but I wanted to show this to some people who could get me a better chance at becoming a film director.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:35 AM

Any Estimated time it will be done? In september ill be getting a new gun too. Looking at a savage weather warrior. Something about firing .308, .243, .260 (my fav, but expensive) and .22-250 (cyotes,unlimited bag, year round) in the same gun appeals to me.

You going to make sure obscure/classic guns get used? Like your nongun broomhandle?

Last edited by k9870; 05-17-2009 at 01:40 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:41 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I don't mean to change the subject, but...does this mean that I'm the only person on here who hasn't been planning for the zombies?
Old 05-17-2009, 01:57 AM
IMFDB Admin

I haven't read the script yet or changed it, so an estimated time is almost impossible to determine now. At least an hour I'd go for.

Quote:
I don't mean to change the subject, but...does this mean that I'm the only person on here who hasn't been planning for the zombies?
I haven't been planning but I'm prepared naturally.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:11 AM

Quote:
does this mean that I'm the only person on here who hasn't been planning for the zombies?
Actually, Ive been preparing for blue helmeted paratroopers.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:36 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Actually, Ive been preparing for blue helmeted paratroopers.
Oh. Well, I seem to be one of the few people in the gun-owning community who doesn't see much to fear from the UN. Preparing for those guys seems rather unnecessary, given their impotence against even the most rag-tag militias in Africa.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:29 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Ah the UN, what a joke. It has no power unless the military of certain countries dedicate themselves into use, otherwise, if someone decides to be a dick, all the UN can do is send them a note of denouncement and complaint.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 05-17-2009, 07:33 AM

Hey GM, nice to hear about you making a film. I love making movies myself, although due to living in a smallish town with few willing people I always had pretty small casts and small stuff.
I took a film class once, made a crossover of Mario and The Sopranos, which was entertaining to say the least.
Weapon of choice? .45 ACP Fireflower.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:36 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Ah the UN, what a joke. It has no power unless the military of certain countries dedicate themselves into use, otherwise, if someone decides to be a dick, all the UN can do is send them a note of denouncement and complaint.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:57 PM
IMFDB Admin

That's funny!

Back on the zombie topic though, I wanted to add some "big" guns because it is always cool when someone breaks out a big gun. For instance, Burt Gummer grabbing the 8 Gauge in Tremors. I have a really big 10 Gauge I could use, and some .44 Mag revolvers.