imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 08-04-2009, 09:10 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Oliveira View Post
You guys are bitching about How you have to wait to be 21 or 18 to buy guns? Let me tell you, Here in Brazil, guns for civilian use were abolished back in the 1990s. Not only that, but when you turn 18 you get drafted to the Military to serve. So, if some dumbshit like Chavez decides it would be fun to attack Brazil, all 18 year olds and able bodied men will get sent to the Meat Grinder called War. Maybe some women too. You guys now only need to buy guns when you are 21 and not needing to worry about getting your balls blown off. Be happy about that.
Yeah, I've heard a lot about how much Brazil's gun laws suck. Is gun use really "abolished", though? I've heard some types of weapons can still be owned with a permit, but I don't stay current, and I'm sure things have changed since I last did any reading.

I do know how heavily armed Brazil's drug gangs are, though. I remember watching the documentary "Lessons from a Personal War" (which is a bonus feature on the "City of God" DVD), and they have gang members showing off weapons, and also a police depot for confiscated weapons. I remember seeing full-auto AK-47s and M16s, plus things like RPGs and grenades, the same kind of armament that the cartels in Mexico have been using. And this was back in the 1990s that this documentary was made...
Old 08-04-2009, 09:30 PM

The Guns the Brazilian Gangs use come mostly from Bolivia. Most drugs come from Bolivia also. What is funny about Bolivian drugs, is that Bolivian drug dealers don't sell them here in Brazil. They come here to export them to European Countries and to the United States since Bolivia is a Landlocked country.

Anyway, most Gangs today use old as shit FN FALs. Metric ones, mostly from corrupt Bolivian Army personnel. Most AKMs, Type 56s, AK-74s, Even Galils and AR-15 type guns come from Bolivia. On the other hand, the Military Police is more well armed than the Gangs. Hell, BOPE alone are more well armed than the fucking Brazilian Army:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batalh%...iais_Especiais

And that's not all their equipment. They got Imbel MD97s and APCs. They are hardcore.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:20 PM
IMFDB Admin

The BOPE looks well armed and well trained.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:39 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Yeah, the BOPE is considered one of the most experienced urban combat units in the world, due to the nature of what they do. A lot of the tactics they pioneered have long since been adopted in Mexico, and many other Latin American countries dealing with heavily armed drug dealers.

I remember in "News from a Personal War", a BOPE officer was showing off an HK21 light machine gun, which is a weapon they've deployed on several occasions (HKPRO also has a photo of one of them with this gun). He pointed out that it's not a weapon that any American or European SWAT unit would ever use.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:55 AM
IMFDB Admin

Not including the Rainbow Six team, you mean.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:13 AM

I heard all SWAT teams will only have 3 members from now on due to rainbow's effectiveness
Old 08-05-2009, 01:46 AM
IMFDB Admin

Whenever I play Rainbow, I find it's easier to work alone. Maybe they should have one man SWAT teams. As long as they are armed with a vast arsenal of H&K guns and a ridiculous amount of spare magazines.