imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2014, 02:38 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Default Streamlight 69210 TLR-1. I upgraded.

Well I finally upgraded this week. I bought the Streamlight 69210 TLR-1 (300 Lumen) to carry on my GLOCK 19 and I got a new holster designed for a weapon mounted light. The company is Tactical Design Lab owned and operated by a retired Boise City officer by the name of Mike Love. It's a very good design, but I am a lefty and it took him several years to get around to making a left handed holster. He's only been in business for ten years and it was expensive to make the molds for a lefty holster. After all we're only a minority, but he lost some possible contract with some of the bigger metro department because he didn't have a lefty holster.

Anyway I love the weapon mounted light. It's great to not have to mess around with a flashlight in one hand and my pistol in another and that light is bright. Caught myself in the mirror with it while practicing and it's not only blinding, but painful. It illuminates a long dark room like nobody's business. Easy to operate as well. About 5 ounces in weight, but shooting with the light mounted isn't a big deal at all.

With my department discount the holster cost me $110.00 and the Streamlight I got for $106.00 from Amazon.

I'm tacticool now. Just like all those television and movie cops.

For those who are interested. A link.

http://www.tdlabs.com/