imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 03-18-2010, 08:55 AM

Default The shotguns in Outland

I just built the Outland page, and I was wondering if anyone could identify the shotguns in that movie? They're semi-automatic I can tell, and sawn off, but I don't know anymore than that.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:51 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego Wolfwood View Post
I just built the Outland page, and I was wondering if anyone could identify the shotguns in that movie? They're semi-automatic I can tell, and sawn off, but I don't know anymore than that.
No clue, and I just saw that they have two ports, one for loading (one the left side) and one for ejecting (on the right side) That is definitely an obscure shotgun.

Another one of those guns from a U.K. armory........
Old 03-18-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
No clue, and I just saw that they have two ports, one for loading (one the left side) and one for ejecting (on the right side) That is definitely an obscure shotgun.

Another one of those guns from a U.K. armory........
Yes indeed, I found that quite odd as well. Never seen a shotgun like that. I'm glad there were scenes of him loading it to give us a good look of the gun.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:21 AM

I did some research and found out that some Browning semi-automatic shotguns had a loading port on the side like that. Now to figure out just which one. Any Browning enthusiasts who might know something feel free to leave a message.

*EDIT*

Further research turned up this: "The Browning Double Auto was designed by the late Val Browning, son of John M. Browning. It was made in 12 gauge only between 1952 and 1971 in Belgium by Fabrique Nationale. There were three variations: Standard, Twelvette and Twentyweight. Barrel lengths were 26, 26 1/2 (Twentyweight only) 28 or 30. Could be had with or without a vent rib. Value depending on condition 400-900. Rare colors will bring more. @ 65,000 were made"

I'm almost positive this is the gun. I'd imagine the one in the movie is the Standard version, but I'm gonna dig some more anyway.

*ANOTHER EDIT*

I've discovered another shotgun called the Browning 2000 which also has a loading port on the side. This one holds 5 shots instead of 2 like the Double Automatic, so I'm now leaning towards this one being the one in the movie.

Last edited by Diego Wolfwood; 03-21-2010 at 05:18 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:59 AM

I think this settles it. The following picture shows, from top to bottom: A Browning Double Automatic, A Browning 2000, and a screen of the shotgun in the movie.

It's a 2000

Last edited by Diego Wolfwood; 03-21-2010 at 02:55 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:42 AM

haha...
good job diego. i like you already
Old 03-23-2010, 06:30 PM

Wuv!
Twu wuv!