imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 06-06-2009, 12:25 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur
Default Halo

Somebody had the balls to put up a page about Halo, if some of you aren't familiar, Halo is a well known video game taking place in the future. None of the guns that appeared in that game are anywhere remotely to be based off of real guns at all.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 06-06-2009, 12:59 AM

Somebody put the "Electric Rifle" on the Matrix Revolutions page.
Uuuuuugh.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:24 AM
IMFDB Admin

Halo? Are people really that stupid?

I don't like Halo. In fact, I suck at it, and lost a game to a Halo-addicted friend 29-1 (I got a lucky headshot). So then we played COD4 and I kicked his ass. I prefer real guns in the present. And not being able to jump 20 ft, and not having a super-strong force field over you....
Old 06-06-2009, 06:05 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Yeah, when I played Halo 3 again after playing COD4, it was so weird with the jumping and the weapons

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 06-06-2009, 06:13 AM
IMFDB Admin

Logical tactics don't work in that game like they do in COD4. In COD I can take cover and fire at an enemy and survive, in Halo I'm just a sitting duck to those people who know every inch of the map and where I am on it. Apparently in the future the only way to survive in combat is to jump around like a crack-addict and "no-scope" people.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:20 PM
IMFDB Admin

Well in COD4 multiplayer, people do know every corner of the map by the time a beginner plays the game, so you better develop a good play soon before some guy snipes you from the other side of the map, or a grenade that so happens to land in your direction from people who guessed where you are from experience.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:20 AM

I rented Halo 2 a long time ago just to see why everyone was so obsessed with it. Needless to say, I was so severely disappointed that I took it back two hours later. I'm in the same boat with GM45 in that I prefer real guns in the present.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 06-09-2009, 04:30 AM
IMFDB Admin

I mean, the guns aside, Halo has a real good story no doubt about that, it's very engaging. Just the combat just seems to be designed by fanboys of first person shooters and not realism. I hope the new Halo game, ODST, where it isn't about a massive one many arm has more realism.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I mean, the guns aside, Halo has a real good story no doubt about that, it's very engaging. Just the combat just seems to be designed by fanboys of first person shooters and not realism. I hope the new Halo game, ODST, where it isn't about a massive one many arm has more realism.
The story didn't really engage me, either.

But if the new one turns out like you're hoping, I imagine I'll enjoy it more. Personally, I think if Bungi were to do a SOCOM-style Halo side game, they'd pull in quite a few fans.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman