imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 07-16-2010, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
I guess that's so in Texas. I tripped over them in Florida and I've seen a few up here in Oregon so it's not a "rare" gun to me. I'd wait to find a 5906 than buy a piece of plastic made this year though, but that's just my taste.
The crazy thing is, just about every 5th handgun at a gunshow is a .40 caliber, compact S&W auto

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 07-16-2010, 03:20 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post

I've seen pictures and heard a lot of people say the 4506 is bigger than a full size 1911, and the 1911 is a pretty big gun, so I'd assume it's too big for me. I still want one though. If I can ever spare some cash I will gladly buy yours, Matt.
I'll take some snaps of my two, side by side. Overall size difference is minute, at least to me. It's the weight of the S&W that makes it seem much more larger than the 1911.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Key word: "Only other one".

What about that one guy who has a 4505? It's pretty much the same gun

Old 07-16-2010, 03:45 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Well, for better or worse, the AR is probably going to be around for a long time.
Just personal preference, if a gun that comes by that beats out the AR-15 designs completely, I'll take it, but until then, I'll just stick to a customized AR-15 and be happy about it.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 07-16-2010, 08:40 AM

Only the 16 was cancelled, not the 17.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:11 AM

Regarding the SCAR-L, FN claims differently.
Quote:
July 7, 2010

Belgium-based firearms manufacturer FN Herstal hereby refutes the allegations recently found on the web that USSOCOM abandoned the 5.56 version of the SCARŪ rifle and reconfirms USSOCOM's decision to acquire the full FN SCARŪ family of weapons, including the 5.56mm rifle.

The FN SCARŪ family of weapons consists of the 5.56mm SCARŪ rifle, 7.62mm SCARŪ rifle and 40mm LV Enhanced Grenade Launcher Module (respectively designated as MK 16, MK 17 and MK 13 by USSOCOM). These three components were developed by FN Herstal in close cooperation with USSOCOM and have each met all the operational and fielding tests required by the program. This resulted in the notification by USSOCOM last May that the full SCARŪ system entered into Milestone C phase, allowing production and deployment of the full range of SCARŪ weapons. The 5.56 version will be part of USSOCOM's inventory.

The choice between the 5.56 and the 7.62 caliber will be left to the discretion of each constitutive component of USSOCOM's Joint Command (e.g. Seals, Rangers, Army Special Forces, USMC, AFSOC) depending on their specific missions on today's battlefield.
http://www.fnherstal.com/index.php?id=640

So who's correct here? FN or military.com?

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 07-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Markost Send a message via Yahoo to Markost Send a message via Skype™ to Markost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
So who's correct here? FN or military.com?
FN. According to another forum, itīs just a rumor.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:52 PM

I saw squared vs round trigger guards brought up earlier. What do you all think. i like squared, I rest my finger on the front of the trigger guard, if its checkered. that way my finger feels more secure in place in a safe position, and lights look more lush when mounted. That said a 1911 looks better with curved.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:31 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I saw squared vs round trigger guards brought up earlier. What do you all think. i like squared, I rest my finger on the front of the trigger guard, if its checkered. that way my finger feels more secure in place in a safe position, and lights look more lush when mounted. That said a 1911 looks better with curved.
I think a square trigger guard looks down right terrible on a 1911, and the round one looks much better. But I custom built this Kimber with a reverse curve trigger guard (using Photoshop, my online gunshop ^.^) and I think it's a pretty sex look for a 1911.

What do you guys think?
Old 07-16-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
I think a square trigger guard looks down right terrible on a 1911, and the round one looks much better. But I custom built this Kimber with a reverse curve trigger guard (using Photoshop, my online gunshop ^.^) and I think it's a pretty sex look for a 1911.

What do you guys think?
Kimber? No rails? IT"S BEAUTIFUL!