imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 08-15-2009, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneSniperJim View Post
A bolt action single shot .50 caliber pistol....

To shoot that thing without killing yourself your probably gonna need to screw it down onto a table or something
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8YGfC6955s

That's from a joke video where they're pretending the gun fires nuclear missiles, but supposedly it's an actual Maadi Griffin pistol. And since they make revolvers that fire ridiculous loads like .600 and .700 Nitro, I can just about believe you could shoot a .50 BMG pistol and still be alive afterwards. Zeliska's .600 Nitro revolvers [for the man who really needs to kill the bear behind the bear that's in front of him] don't even have a muzzle brake*, relying instead on being 2 pounds heavier than an M14; supposedly the Maadi-Griffin tips the scales at roughly 15 pounds, and it also has half a bus depot welded to the muzzle.

*Yes, I should probably say compensator, but these hand-battleships are already a different kind of "compensator" so I think I should be more specific.

In other news, this is what an underbarrel accessory rail is actually for.

Last edited by Vangelis; 08-15-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:24 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Somebody's been playing too much Gears of War

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 08-15-2009, 05:25 PM

Old 08-15-2009, 07:47 PM
IMFDB Admin

Isn't that one of those old Starlight scopes from Vietnam? It's not like it adds extra zoom or something, it just adds primative NV. A non-gun person made that image likely.

Also, some sniper he'd be in combat, with that BFA fixed and all....
Old 08-15-2009, 07:49 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelis View Post

In other news, this is what an underbarrel accessory rail is actually for.

The worste part is is that the chainsaw is fixed to an M16A4 DMR. Like a sniper rifle needs that, of all CQB blades!
Old 08-15-2009, 08:42 PM

So, just how do you use a dog with MILES gear? Does it have laser teeth?

Last edited by Vangelis; 08-15-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8YGfC6955s

That's from a joke video where they're pretending the gun fires nuclear missiles, but supposedly it's an actual Maadi Griffin pistol. And since they make revolvers that fire ridiculous loads like .600 and .700 Nitro, I can just about believe you could shoot a .50 BMG pistol and still be alive afterwards. Zeliska's .600 Nitro revolvers [for the man who really needs to kill the bear behind the bear that's in front of him] don't even have a muzzle brake*, relying instead on being 2 pounds heavier than an M14; supposedly the Maadi-Griffin tips the scales at roughly 15 pounds, and it also has half a bus depot welded to the muzzle.

*Yes, I should probably say compensator, but these hand-battleships are already a different kind of "compensator" so I think I should be more specific.
That is an edited video from the, sadly defunct BIRDMAN Weapons Systems site. It was a humor site about specializing, but not limited too .50 bmg caliber weapons. Here it the unedited video: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=25459054

He caused a commotion in Richmond when someone printed his ad for HoMeBoY Nyte-Sytes and left them at a gun show http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/glock-gag.html. His Glock 'n' Gut, and ShotCaller2000 9mm Telephone caused some concern also. The BATF was not a fan of his satire.

I really miss that site, and have not been able to find out why he stopped.

BIRDMAN
Weapons Systems
"Unfriendly Products for an Unfriendly World"

David.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:

So, just how do you use a dog with MILES gear? Does it have laser teeth?
Even scout dogs aren't usually used to fight, they're just trackers. Too valuable an asset to let off the leash and get killed.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
Even scout dogs aren't usually used to fight, they're just trackers. Too valuable an asset to let off the leash and get killed.
But the dog can't get killed, it isn't wearing any sensors. This is clearly a MILES simulation of the frequent battlefield scenario where the enemy has an invincible dog. THUS THE FLAW IN YOUR LOGIC IS REVEALED

Last edited by Vangelis; 08-15-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:20 PM