imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 08-25-2010, 11:54 PM

Default Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Anyone ever play game?

I recently started up a game, I haven't played it since I was a teenager (It came out in 2001)

I had forgotten how well the game is made, and they sure paid a lot of attention to detail when it came to firearms. The game is a survival horror, with a gameplay system that is actually good. When it comes to firearms they seem to have covered all the bases. Particularly impressive are the reloading animations. When it comes to the revolvers and the double barrel weapons (There is a short shotgun and an elephant gun) it's very realistic, if you shoot 2 shots with your revolver and reload, you will eject the 2 empty casings and load in 2 more. If you go to the in-game menu each weapon has a description, which includes an accurate name for the weapon and some other information.

I'm building the page as I play through it, it's not done yet though. Here is the link if anyone is interested: http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Eternal_Darkness

If you appreciate a realistic depiction of firearms in a game, and a really great game besides that, you'll love this one.

*EDIT*

Sorry about the typo in the title, it should say "Anyone ever play this game"

Last edited by Diego Wolfwood; 08-25-2010 at 11:56 PM.