imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 12-04-2012, 01:40 PM

Th stupid in that episode....it burned.....

I swear the BEF had a better plan to defend France in May of 1940.

Oh, new title for the show....

"Black Dude Highlander. There can only be one."
Old 12-04-2012, 03:43 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
I swear the BEF had a better plan to defend France in May of 1940.
Oh come on, that was Rommel and Guderian totally ignoring their orders, taking a ridiculous amount of territory and making the already dejected French think their shit was ten seconds from being ruined. It's hard to defend a country that was five minutes from giving up when the war started because a combination of economic and political woes. Hell, Arras and Cambrai would have worked if Britain or France had placed any serious value in combined arms training.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:46 PM

My jab at the BEF was more so directed at the failure of the IGS to never assert meaningful strategic influence over either thier Army in the field or the French High Command.

Divided command is a bitch.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:15 PM

I'm thinking of getting into the Final Fantasy series. Is there any particular game I should start with?

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 12-05-2012, 12:11 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

This makes me want to vomit.

No, I'm not surprised by Oprah, but number 2... by a LARGE margin... over one of the greatest directors ever. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!?
Old 12-07-2012, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
I'm thinking of getting into the Final Fantasy series. Is there any particular game I should start with?
Four (it was FFII in it's original North American release, because we didn't get the Japanese 2 or 3 here until recently) or seven.
Seven is a major object of worship because it was a huge revolution for the series and a lot of you damn kids never played any of the old ones. I think the SNES games (four (2), five, and six (3)) are still great games, but maybe I'm just old. I mean... old school.
I think they've re-released FFVII recently? That would be great for you, because have you looked at a Playstation 1 game recently? They make my eyes bleed.
Conversion table
Japan - Everywhere else
1 = 1
2 = nope
3 = nuh-uh
4 = 2
5 = no dice
6 = 3
Re-releases use Japanese numbers, so this only matters if you're looking for old cartridges. Or ROMs, but that would be slightly illegal.

The first one is ridiculously hard, and I never played the 2nd or 3rd because back in my day we only had terrible fan-translated ROMs of them.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce_GTS View Post
Four (it was FFII in it's original North American release, because we didn't get the Japanese 2 or 3 here until recently) or seven.
Seven is a major object of worship because it was a huge revolution for the series and a lot of you damn kids never played any of the old ones. I think the SNES games (four (2), five, and six (3)) are still great games, but maybe I'm just old. I mean... old school.
I think they've re-released FFVII recently? That would be great for you, because have you looked at a Playstation 1 game recently? They make my eyes bleed.
Conversion table
Japan - Everywhere else
1 = 1
2 = nope
3 = nuh-uh
4 = 2
5 = no dice
6 = 3
Re-releases use Japanese numbers, so this only matters if you're looking for old cartridges. Or ROMs, but that would be slightly illegal.

The first one is ridiculously hard, and I never played the 2nd or 3rd because back in my day we only had terrible fan-translated ROMs of them.
So you're saying I have to get an SNES if I want to play the games in Chronological order?

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 12-07-2012, 01:21 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

There is no chronological order to any of the Final Fantasy games aside from 10 and 13 which have sequels. There is no story connections between the others.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 12-07-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
There is no chronological order to any of the Final Fantasy games aside from 10 and 13 which have sequels. There is no story connections between the others.
That makes things much more easier.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:16 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I see you're forgetting Dirge of Cerberus. Then again I think most people try to forget that.