imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 07-16-2009, 05:48 PM

Default Armsel Striker page vandalised

Someone has vandalised the Armsel Striker page and I just spent 30 minutes trying to return the page to it's previous status information wise. I know that I have lost information when I was trying to get the page back to it's previous good status. Could someone please double check the about 50 revisions I had to undo and then could a mod please protect the page as I don't want to do this again.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:54 PM

I'm telling you, we should require registration in order to edit.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:58 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I protected it. Out of curiosity, what did this person do to it? I completely missed out on all their edits.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:14 PM

Basically they removed alot of confirmed information and they added in alot of false information. All told they made lots of little edits that when added up made a good page into a very bad one. They made it seem that the Sentinal arms Striker-12 was the Cobray Street Sweeper and that any Armesl striker seen in the US was a Striker-12. So yeah I got pissed when a good page that I had worked really hard on was turned into a mass of missinformation and facts that I had carefully researched and dug up from less than the usual sources vanished.

So I just did my best to revert eveything edit by edit back to my last edit. That way I could be sure that the loser's crap was gone.

Thanks MT for the protection on the page. Hopefully the guy gets a clue.

Anyone else want to bitch about a vandal?
Old 07-16-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
So I just did my best to revert eveything edit by edit back to my last edit. That way I could be sure that the loser's crap was gone.
Here is how to avoid doing that; let's say for the same of argument I wanted to revert all your changes to that article at once. I would:

1. Click the "History" tab to get here: http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title...action=history

2. Find a revision before all of your edits took place. In this example, that's my revision dated as "21:54, 12 July 2009." (If there's good edits between, use the "compare selected versions" feature first and copy the differences to notepad or something)

3. Click on that date. In this instance that takes you to http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title...s&oldid=146394

4. Click "edit." This brings up the edit screen and "WARNING: You are editing an out-of-date revision of this page. If you save it, any changes made since this revision will be lost."

5. Click "save page." (If you had some stuff to add back in, add that first, obviously)

6. Rejoice.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:54 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Wouldnt be the first time someone decided to fuck around with a page

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 07-17-2009, 05:26 AM
IMFDB Admin

I'm just glad you can undo revisions in history. Life would be miserable if you had to redo everything after someone edited it.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:10 AM

I hear you John. I literally combed through the entire site to make sure that the Armsel Striker page was the best that I could possibly make it. Currently I am adding screencaps to the Army of Two page(It's called a flatscreen TV and a Digital camera). Hopefully the pictures turn out well.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:14 PM

Any screencaps made with a camera are automatically inferior to those made on an actual computer. Case in Point: The Left 4 Dead page.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:33 AM

Well most of the Army of Two guns turned out pretty good. I just need a good picture of the "Turret" Gun the XM-312 or whatever the designation of the "wonder" gun that's supost to replace both the M-2HB and the MK-19.

I'm currently reducing the pictures from 3,000 plus pixels to 600 pixels wide and noteing not only what weapon they are but what level of upgrades the weapons have and if they are "Pimped" to cause more aggro or not.