imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 04-21-2009, 01:14 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
There are jsut as many people saying H&K said homophobic stuff to them, it's just not as newsworthy i guess. We tend to get what the media wants to report. The truth about any major incident is usually hard to find unfortunately.
Don't get me wrong...I have zero sympathy for those fuckers. Narcissistic adolescents (and, worse, 20-somethings) annoy the shit out of me as a rule, and those who use it as an excuse to kill are just downright evil.

But I have heard that Columbine is a school that is relatively intolerant of outsiders.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:45 AM
IMFDB Admin

Still, that's no excuse to go on a shooting spree. I just don't see why they would kill everyone in sight except like three people they knew and liked. If they were bullied, why not target the one who bullied them? Instead they hunted down christians and black kids because they were a bunch of KKK bastards. Clearly insane. They opted to KNIFE people when shooting became "no longer fun".

And their use of the TEC-DC9M lead to the imminent shut-down of the company (Interdynamics I think?). Bastards. I'd like to find the druggy asshole who sold it to them and kick his ass. I hope he's being fucked in prison as we speak.

How come Hi-Point didn't catch shit for one of them using the 9mm Carbine? Or any of the shotgun companies? Total media bias.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:09 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Still, that's no excuse to go on a shooting spree. I just don't see why they would kill everyone in sight except like three people they knew and liked. If they were bullied, why not target the one who bullied them? Instead they hunted down christians and black kids because they were a bunch of KKK bastards. Clearly insane. They opted to KNIFE people when shooting became "no longer fun".
Rumor control...

(1.) They weren't Neo-Nazis or KKK types; their victims were of many races and religious backgrounds. There's no real pattern in their killings. They were nihilists, not ideologues.
(2.) No, they were not bullied. Or at least, if they were bullied, they were sure doing a lot of bullying themselves, which makes them hypocrites even if bullying was their motive (which it surely wasn't).
(3.) I don't think anyone at Columbine was knifed. Only shot.

Quote:
And their use of the TEC-DC9M lead to the imminent shut-down of the company (Interdynamics I think?). Bastards. I'd like to find the druggy asshole who sold it to them and kick his ass. I hope he's being fucked in prison as we speak.
Navegar, Inc. (Intratec). I don't think the Columbine shooting had anything to do with it. Navegar went under because their market disappeared. They closed down in 2001, two years after Columbine, not immediately after.

Mark Manes, who sold them the TEC-9, did 6 years in prison, if I recall correctly.

Quote:
How come Hi-Point didn't catch shit for one of them using the 9mm Carbine? Or any of the shotgun companies? Total media bias.
Well, let's be fair here...Intratec has a bad rep with the Feds. Hi-Point doesn't, and neither did the shotgun manufacturers.

But there was a lot of media attention dedicated to Hi-Point that I recall.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:10 AM
IMFDB Admin

Well they asked some victims if they believed in God, which I believe controlled their fate depending on their response. And I read in the report that they shot a black kid solely for being black, so even if they weren't KKK/Neo-Nazis, they had those views.

No, they didn't knife anyone, but they suggested it when they reportedly got "bored" shooting people.

I think it says on the TEC-9 page how the Columbine Shooting had quite a bit to do with Intratec closing. Maybe I'm wrong.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:33 AM

The believe in god thing is a myth.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:41 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
The believe in god thing is a myth.
Yeah, the girl who supposedly got killed after saying she believed in God actually never said that. It was somebody else in the room who lived.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:45 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
I think it says on the TEC-9 page how the Columbine Shooting had quite a bit to do with Intratec closing. Maybe I'm wrong.
The negative publicity certainly would have accelerated its demise, but Intratec had been on the rocks for many years prior to Columbine. A lot of it had to do with lawsuits which were even before Columbine. In 1993, a guy shot up a San Francisco law firm using a pair of TEC-9s, and the victim's families filed a lawsuit that hurt Intratec pretty badly. I believe another was filed around 1997-98. These multiple lawsuits, combined with the fact that Intratec's business was hurt pretty badly by the AWB, led to the company's demise. Columbine was the nail in the coffin.

Also, Intratec had a bad reputation with BATF going back many years.

Last edited by MT2008; 04-21-2009 at 03:49 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:26 AM
IMFDB Admin

I own a TEC-9 Mini but there's something wrong with the magazine catch so it won't chamber rounds. My dad says he'll fix it when he has time, I have no clue how to fix it myself.

I don't see what is so appealing to criminals about it, the bolt is heavy and feels sloppy. I guess the 32 round mag capacity is the best thing about it for crooks, since none of them can aim anyway.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:58 PM

Thing is after every shooting we always hear sympathy for shooter, how htey were a nice guy and it surprised everyone. Here in maine a guy engaged some cops during a traffic stop, jumped out of his car firing and was killed. LAter that week people are blaming the cops, saying the "victim" helped motorists who broke down and did volunteer service.

Why can't the news have someone saying " Yeah, he was an asshole, doesn't surprise me"?

We always hear the sympathy for shooters, cowards who kill innocents and off themselves. They can all go to hell.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:31 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I believe I might have comment this about school shooters and that their true motives weren't of anything religious or whatever cult believes. I think they did it to see how long they can hold out before they run out of ammo, get caught or get shot. It's all about attention and they wanted to get as much attention as possible to the bitter end. I think they just did it for fun to see how long they can last.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”