imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 10-15-2016, 08:10 PM

Default The Siege of Jadotville

Anyone else watch it? An Irish Army unit on a UN Peacekeeping mission in the Congo are sent to secure the town of Jadotville and are attacked by mercenaries and local troops. Very interesting. The Irish suffer five wounded and zero fatalities.

If nothing else, I was thinking of adding it here. Lots of FALs, a few No. 4 Mk1 and a No. 4 Mk1 (T), at least one Bren a Vickers, Mauser k98s, an M2 and M1919 and a Hi-Power and a P38.

At one point, the sniper with the No. 4 Mk1 (T) switches to a Bren to shoot a man in a white suit - implied to be a mining company official directing the mercenaries - for reasons unknown.

Last edited by Maxman; 10-15-2016 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:10 PM

I watched only the trailer, and it looks exciting. Except guns, already mentioned, there are also MAT-49s and Carl Gustav M/45s. I like the scene of air battle of Fouga Magister and a helicopter especially.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:41 AM

Page is up.
Old 10-16-2016, 06:21 AM

Great work! But the images are a little blurry in comparison with HD trailer. Does Netflix stream the video in such quality? If so, maybe adding some screenshots from trailer would be good?
Old 10-16-2016, 01:43 PM

The blurriness comes from captures being taken during motion scenes, so I'm not sure how much improvement is possible.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:39 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I was gonna say that Netflix does have HD and if you plan to cap images from Netflix, you better have subscribed to it in HD.

Also, this is the first time I've seen a Bren used in a sniper role in one scene. Pretty awesome actually.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”