imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 01-18-2017, 01:13 AM

Just saw that film Patriot's Day with Mark Wahlberg, excellent film.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:19 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
Just saw that film Patriot's Day with Mark Wahlberg, excellent film.
There needs to be a parody page listing Mark Wahlberg being cast as the lead in movies with this director because I think this is the 3rd movie they've worked on together.

Lone Survivor

Deepwater Horizon

and now this movie.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 01-20-2017, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
There needs to be a parody page listing Mark Wahlberg being cast as the lead in movies with this director because I think this is the 3rd movie they've worked on together.

Lone Survivor

Deepwater Horizon

and now this movie.
They could be personal friends.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 01-20-2017, 07:37 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Possible, but I am kinda getting sick of seeing Mark Wahlberg followed by "from the director of the Lone Survivor"

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 01-20-2017, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Possible, but I am kinda getting sick of seeing Mark Wahlberg followed by "from the director of the Lone Survivor"
I was just watching Copland the other day and I realized the cop who gets thrown off the roof fighting Method man is Peter Berg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToxlyJ4-zBM
Old 01-24-2017, 04:42 PM
IMFDB Admin

So, I'm watching SIX and so far, it's holding my attention. Only gripe is I wonder about BUIS on rifles, do SEALs really keep their optics that far back on the rail and the reused studio sets we've all seen does distract me.

Old 01-24-2017, 05:37 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
So, I'm watching SIX and so far, it's holding my attention. Only gripe is I wonder about BUIS on rifles, do SEALs really keep their optics that far back on the rail and the reused studio sets we've all seen does distract me.
I think that the Navy SEAL HK416s also have modular Geiselle handguards. There are quite a few pics of SEAL HK416s without BUIS, but that only tends to be when they are fitted with a magnifier behind the EoTech, like this rather famous (supposedly) example.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:11 PM
IMFDB Admin

At the beginning, it was 2014. So we need some sources that they were using the Geiselle handguards at the time.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:02 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
At the beginning, it was 2014. So we need some sources that they were using the Geiselle handguards at the time.
I assumed it was current day, haven't seen any of it yet. They may have used them then, but I don't know for sure. The rifle I pictured in the link was supposedly used in 2011 during the OBL raid but i think that it was more of a personnal custom modification, and besides I just noticed that the handguard is a Remington RAHG anyway not a Geiselle.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:46 PM
IMFDB Admin

We also have to accept that this is a History Channel TV level budget. They will get a lot of things wrong. And I've come to accept the cheap sets. The actors for the most part seemed believable but as people working for the nitpicky sit of IMFDB, we will tear it a new asshole for any and all inaccuracies that we can find.