imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 11-24-2009, 04:01 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I grew up with video games and my computer was never the most advanced. We would buy a new one ever few years when I was growing up.

I remember getting the NES, then the N64, then PS2, Gamecube. I have not been able to get the recent gen consoles, so now I use my money for computer parts so I can play the latest games on it.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 11-24-2009, 06:28 PM

I only play Rome: Total War and its expansions (+mods for them) on my computer, called a Toshiba Satellite I think. Everything else I get on console. I have been considering getting GTA: San Andreas for PC, though, due to some of the car mods I've seen out there (adding cars like Knight Rider, the Batmobile, and the Back to the Future Delorean to the game).

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 11-24-2009, 07:23 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

My brother plays Total War, but I'm not much of an RTS fan nowadays. I used to be with Command and Conquer, Red Alert, etc

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 11-24-2009, 10:07 PM

Another plot question, why is sgt foley leadin massive military operations if hes just a sergeant? And why does cpl Dunn carry a deag?
Old 11-24-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
My brother plays Total War, but I'm not much of an RTS fan nowadays. I used to be with Command and Conquer, Red Alert, etc
I got into RTW after I came up with a story idea centering around Atlantis and the Greek world. I got to researching Greek mythology, which led to Greek military history, which subsequently led to me getting interested in the general history of the Mediterranean region (Rome, Egypt, Persia, etc.). My specific area of expertise is Sparta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Another plot question, why is sgt foley leadin massive military operations if hes just a sergeant? And why does cpl Dunn carry a deag?
I thought he was only leading his squad...? As far as Dunn's Desert Eagle goes, it was probably just for that specific scene. If you look closely at the holsters on all the Rangers, they have what appear to be GI M1911A1s (not the Springfield Pro, distinguishable from it by the gray coloring) in them.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman

Last edited by Spartan198; 11-24-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:50 AM
IMFDB Admin

I did thought it was somewhat weird that a Ranger would be carrying a Desert Eagle of all things. But Foley wasn't leading a massive operation. He was just leading his group. The plot said he was acting commander of Hunter 2-1.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:44 AM

I've been thoroughly impressed with Modern Warfare 2. The campaign mode seems to be a very solid representation of what would happen if Ridley Scott and Michael Bay said "F@#k it, let's make a movie together." I really want to see where they go with the storyline...maybe Soap and Price start to track down Makarov and go deeper into Shepard's network and past to clear their own names?

Multiplayer is also fun. I like how camping doesn't seem to be a big of a problem in this game as it was in MW1 (when all else fails, it's damn hard to outrun a 40mm HE round). Battles are a lot more competitive and just more enjoyable to play, too.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:48 AM
IMFDB Admin

There are so many cheaters on the PC and you can't even kick them out. People can't even get banned or kicked from servers if they over do anything. It's a very lawless multiplayer experience. And you can't have large massive 50 people battles anymore, the most is 18

Old 11-25-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
I've been thoroughly impressed with Modern Warfare 2. The campaign mode seems to be a very solid representation of what would happen if Ridley Scott and Michael Bay said "F@#k it, let's make a movie together." I really want to see where they go with the storyline...maybe Soap and Price start to track down Makarov and go deeper into Shepard's network and past to clear their own names?

Multiplayer is also fun. I like how camping doesn't seem to be a big of a problem in this game as it was in MW1 (when all else fails, it's damn hard to outrun a 40mm HE round). Battles are a lot more competitive and just more enjoyable to play, too.
Clutch, that's the most accurate description of the plot of Modern Warfare 2 I have ever heard. Just add James Cameron into the mix and you are all set.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:08 PM

Im sittin here while it searches servers, i ahte waiting five minutes to play with this new focus on matchmaking, cod 4 you just got right in the action.