imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 02-26-2017, 11:16 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Anyone played the Ghost Recon Wildlands beta? I'm loving it.
I just finished it, I really enjoyed it overall. I only played it in single player though as I tend not to be able to play for long enough uninterrupted chunks to make multiplayer work. In single player the squad mates are kind of pointless most of the time, but the sync shot is kind of overpowered as the AIs are able to target through walls and other obstacles to make impossible shots. Maybe I just never bothered to work it out, but the amount of control you had over them was rather lacking, being unable to tell them to target specific enemies and instead just being able to command them to "open fire" with which they all run of individually Rambo-ing.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:31 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
They should do the Korean War. AFAIK, no one has, while WWII, Vietnam, and the modern age have been largely done to death.
The trouble with a Korean War game is that the weapons would be pretty much the same as with a WWII game.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:54 PM
IMFDB Admin

It would never happen for a few reasons, but I would love a game about The Falklands War.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:32 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
It would never happen for a few reasons, but I would love a game about The Falklands War.
Same here. Battlefield: 1982?
Old 02-27-2017, 02:56 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Same here. Battlefield: 1982?
Yeah, but with period specific weapons that were in common use.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 02-27-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
I just finished it, I really enjoyed it overall. I only played it in single player though as I tend not to be able to play for long enough uninterrupted chunks to make multiplayer work. In single player the squad mates are kind of pointless most of the time, but the sync shot is kind of overpowered as the AIs are able to target through walls and other obstacles to make impossible shots. Maybe I just never bothered to work it out, but the amount of control you had over them was rather lacking, being unable to tell them to target specific enemies and instead just being able to command them to "open fire" with which they all run of individually Rambo-ing.
I'm not an MP guy either, so I feel you. It's worst when trying to clear a building, as they just pretty much wait outside while you do it. >_< Future Soldier had a fantastic (if admittedly OP, but then again these are the Ghosts we're talking about) room clearing system, whatever happened to that? Hopefully a day 1 patch (because let's be real: the purpose of the beta was to gather data and feedback for a day 1 patch) does some fixes for squad AI.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 02-27-2017, 06:38 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
I'm not an MP guy either, so I feel you. It's worst when trying to clear a building, as they just pretty much wait outside while you do it. >_< Future Soldier had a fantastic (if admittedly OP, but then again these are the Ghosts we're talking about) room clearing system, whatever happened to that? Hopefully a day 1 patch (because let's be real: the purpose of the beta was to gather data and feedback for a day 1 patch) does some fixes for squad AI.
I would be surprised if they do a gameplay patch, the game is released in about a week. More likely the open beta was to get wider data about connectivity issues, and mainly more to market the game. They already did a closed beta where there were numerous bugs which were fixed for the open beta. I don't think they will ever add more direct control over AI squad mates as I think they really want to sell it on the multiplayer aspect, but tweaking their intelligence would be good so that when enemies know you are there they reliably engage the enemy more rather than just hiding whilst you get shot to pieces. As for clearing buildings, I found the only way to sort of do it was to tell them to "open fire" and they will go in, but you need to be quick to tell them to regroup or else they will sometimes run off looking for trouble and get themselves killed.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:41 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Going back on my gripe about COD's Black Ops period specific missions and how hard would it have been for them to get period specific equipment? I mean, why do I get the feeling that if they did COD 1 set in WWII today, they'd add weird optics on all guns you start with as the player like Battlefield 1?

For Black Ops, was it so hard for them to get CAR-15s Son Tay Raider style? or with the early Colt scopes on fixed carrying handles? Why basically an M4 that sorta looks like it's from the 70s with instead of pic rails, they put this literal flat top that's all smooth and does not exist ever? They could have used so many period specific weapons but because all the kids these days can't play a shooter game without a red dot, they'll put aiming devices on everything that can mount one, even on those that weren't design to mount anything

I remember griping in Black Ops 2 during the Panama invasion mission, your classic M16 rifle is still an A1 and not an A2 design even though by that point, everybody should be using the A2 style or for special forces, they'd be using CAR-15s still but with the early Aimpoints.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Last edited by Excalibur; 03-01-2017 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
For Black Ops, was it so hard for them to get CAR-15s Son Tay Raider style? or with the early Colt scopes on fixed carrying handles?
Or a carbine version of the Model 656, which wouldn't have been out of the realm of possibility.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 03-02-2017, 02:50 PM
IMFDB Admin

I'd even have been ok with them going Platoon and having you carry around a Model 653P because it sorta existed and didn't have a funky faux rail on top for optics that also didn't exist.

And a SPAS 12 again? Why not an 870 or a Mossberg or an Ithca? Do these guys not have google? And 30 rounds in a rifle that has a 20 round mag...