imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3061  
Old 05-16-2011, 04:07 AM
SPEMack618 SPEMack618 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
I was supposed to graduate this weekend with my Master's. My own ladyfriend was also supposed to graduate this weekend with her Bachelor's. Both of us are going to have to wait until next year to walk (although I'm supposed to defend my thesis in September).
Yeah, she walked and is for real finished. I have two summer classes to take online, so technically I could have walked, but opted not to. No desire. So instead I sat with her parents and nursed a hangover in silent agony in 85 degree heat in a dress uniform.
__________________
I like to think, that before that Navy SEAL double tapped bin Laden in the head, he kicked him, so that we could truly say we put a boot in his ass.
  #3062  
Old 05-16-2011, 04:08 AM
MT2008's Avatar
MT2008 MT2008 is offline
IMFDB & Forum Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Can you not wear gloves, or is wearing them a bad idea?
Nope...at least not on the more difficult climbing routes. Many of them require finger strength and traction control that you would lose with gloves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
Yeah, she walked and is for real finished. I have two summer classes to take online, so technically I could have walked, but opted not to. No desire. So instead I sat with her parents and nursed a hangover in silent agony in 85 degree heat in a dress uniform.
Sounds pretty disheartening. I admit I wouldn't have been able to do it. I thought about going today, but I went bouldering instead. It's not like it mattered much because most of my closest friends actually aren't at my school (including my GF), and even those that are didn't graduate this year. When I finish next year, I'll actually be walking with two guys who started a year after me, but I'm closer to them than anyone else in my program.
__________________
Cry "Havoc," and let slip the hogs of war.

Last edited by MT2008; 05-16-2011 at 04:21 AM.
  #3063  
Old 05-16-2011, 04:27 AM
SPEMack618 SPEMack618 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 742
Default

Eh, it was fine. Alot of guys in my Fraternity walked and I understand that it's my fault I'm not graduating...well, mine and Afghanistan's but I digress.

And that was my payback for the times she attended parades and had to stand around in a big floppy hat.
__________________
I like to think, that before that Navy SEAL double tapped bin Laden in the head, he kicked him, so that we could truly say we put a boot in his ass.
  #3064  
Old 05-16-2011, 04:32 AM
MT2008's Avatar
MT2008 MT2008 is offline
IMFDB & Forum Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
Eh, it was fine. Alot of guys in my Fraternity walked and I understand that it's my fault I'm not graduating...well, mine and Afghanistan's but I digress.

And that was my payback for the times she attended parades and had to stand around in a big floppy hat.
That seems to be a pretty good excuse.
__________________
Cry "Havoc," and let slip the hogs of war.
  #3065  
Old 05-16-2011, 04:39 AM
SPEMack618 SPEMack618 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 742
Default

Yeah, for the semester I missed because of it...but the semester afterwards in which I partied my ass off and made a 1.65 after 15 weeks of "I'm not dead, Stephanie left me, and danny didn't come home" was all me.
__________________
I like to think, that before that Navy SEAL double tapped bin Laden in the head, he kicked him, so that we could truly say we put a boot in his ass.
  #3066  
Old 05-16-2011, 05:06 AM
MT2008's Avatar
MT2008 MT2008 is offline
IMFDB & Forum Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
Yeah, for the semester I missed because of it...but the semester afterwards in which I partied my ass off and made a 1.65 after 15 weeks of "I'm not dead, Stephanie left me, and danny didn't come home" was all me.
In that case, yes. But props to you for being man enough to admit it.

I also relate. I didn't exactly fuck off and party all year (I at least worked hard enough to do well in my classes, and did plenty of research and TAing), but I purposely took my sweet time on my thesis. I made an unconscious decision last fall that I liked being at a desk in the university library (which is where I spend 6-8 hours a day) a lot more than I liked being at a cubicle (where I spent last summer, and my first year out of college). I feel sorta guilty that I'm spending so much of my parents' money on tuition, rent, and luxuries (food, alcohol, etc.), but I enjoy student life a little too much to give it up now.
__________________
Cry "Havoc," and let slip the hogs of war.
  #3067  
Old 05-16-2011, 05:29 AM
Spartan198's Avatar
Spartan198 Spartan198 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The scorched state of California
Posts: 2,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
I saw somewhere that a man was recently arrested for singing Kung Fu Fighting

I'm going to go find a link to the story
Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
You can pretty much get anybody in trouble for anything, legal or not, by crying racism these days.

I remember 2 or 3 years ago I read an article about some professor who claimed America was still segregated because people didn't "integrate minorities into their weekend activities" or something like that, a conclusion I didn't really understand the logic behind. What am I supposed to do, invite along a bunch of random black or Asian people I see on the street when I go to the lake or something with family?
__________________
"Everything is impossible until somebody does it - Batman

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
  #3068  
Old 05-16-2011, 09:22 AM
Swordfish941's Avatar
Swordfish941 Swordfish941 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fishers, Indiana
Posts: 3,228
Default

This is the most awesome commercial I've ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnSIp76CvUI
__________________
Can we start with part where Jayne gets knocked out by 90-pound girl? Hoban "Wash" Washburne (Alan Tudyk), Serenity

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
  #3069  
Old 05-16-2011, 11:30 AM
S&Wshooter's Avatar
S&Wshooter S&Wshooter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
You can pretty much get anybody in trouble for anything, legal or not, by crying racism these days.

I remember 2 or 3 years ago I read an article about some professor who claimed America was still segregated because people didn't "integrate minorities into their weekend activities" or something like that, a conclusion I didn't really understand the logic behind. What am I supposed to do, invite along a bunch of random black or Asian people I see on the street when I go to the lake or something with family?
Yes, and you are not allowed to get angry when one of those guys stabs/robs you
__________________
Get off of my property


http://www.introvertisland.com
  #3070  
Old 05-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Swordfish941's Avatar
Swordfish941 Swordfish941 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fishers, Indiana
Posts: 3,228
Default

There are three annoying girls in the library next to me and the won't shut up!!!
__________________
Can we start with part where Jayne gets knocked out by 90-pound girl? Hoban "Wash" Washburne (Alan Tudyk), Serenity

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.