imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 01-04-2010, 08:34 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default What we need is a triple cross indexing sweep!

For every page you make, do the following:

1) Once your page is done (I'll used a MOVIE page as an example), hyperlink your gun to the gun's corresponding page (but per IMFDB rules, don't do it in the section title, do it in a summary sentence briefing describing how the weapon is used in the film. (also try to add the gun image per the site specs).

2) Update the page for THAT PARTICULAR WEAPON so that your Movie title is listed (as well as character who used it).

3) Update the ACTOR PAGE (if it exists, and if it does not, make it) and again cross index it to the movie page and the weapon page.

We should be doing a sweep of the entire site. If anything should be a project, that should be a priority.

We should do it also for all TV shows, VGs and Anime. I am certain we have TONS of gaps in our cross references in the pages.

So who agrees with this? I try to do some cross indexing fixes each time I log in and look for gaps in pages. It's not ADDING information, it's making sure that the existing info is properly cross indexed to their proper pages.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:27 AM

Actually when I started doing my pages, this is exactly what I did. I've only done four or so but I correct stuff when I can like you, but I never thought to say anything. I agree completely that this should be a priority.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:54 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post

2) Update the page for THAT PARTICULAR WEAPON so that your Movie title is listed (as well as character who used it).

3) Update the ACTOR PAGE (if it exists, and if it does not, make it) and again cross index it to the movie page and the weapon page.
I'm guilty about not doing those two. So in between working on Beyond the Law, I'll update the weapons and update / create some of the actors pages.

What I mean by some of actors. In Miami Vice there are a lot of one timers and some of them may not be credited.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:49 PM

That's probably a good idea, I'll try to do that from now on.
I did my first actor page recently, so that's a landmark.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:31 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
What I mean by some of actors. In Miami Vice there are a lot of one timers and some of them may not be credited.
If they are just background thugs who are not credited, then you don't obviously have to to the actor page, but if they merit a credit (IMDB is your friend), then you should list them by name. Sure there are a lot of character actors out there, but we probably should not ignore them That alone will make our database huge, which worries me, but then I'm also a completist.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:05 AM

Some characters, even the relatively important one-off characters, only use one firearm, and are in one thing.

Should they be deferred until they are in more stuff, or just added anyway?