imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 08-01-2010, 03:12 AM

The Frenchies don't sound very French

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 08-01-2010, 03:23 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Maybe it's harder for them to imitate French that to make fun of Americans.

Seriously, when I saw the guy with the cowboy hat, I chuckled a bit.

We have the literal cowboy, the black-hating-all-white-racist, the hardcore leader who was constantly trying to out frown Henno

Seriously, I can understand messing with the Americans by stealing their stuff, but how did Dave snatch the Minimi?

Also there's that one point where Jem stands over one of the American, who is dangling off a cliff. And "SPOILERS"...Did he cut the guy loose to fall on purpose? Seriously?

Funny thing where The Unit had a similar episode where they had to cross the border into Syria as well, except theirs were a rescue mission and the Ultimate Force were to take out a terrorist leader.

I like how in THAT episode where the terrorist leader speaks in plain english to his fellow terrorist, hardly hiding his british accent.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 08-01-2010, 03:32 AM

That guy Pete has PTSD BAD

Old 08-01-2010, 03:36 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
That guy Pete has PTSD BAD
Yeah, seriously.

Also, just like in The Unit, Pete also has a cheating wife who cheats on a superior officer, thought in Ultimate Force, the end is a different and short than what happened in The Unit

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 08-01-2010, 03:52 AM

Just looked the site up on Wikipedia. Nobody lasts very long on that show, do they?

Old 08-07-2010, 11:26 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Just looked the site up on Wikipedia. Nobody lasts very long on that show, do they?
Except Henno. He's awesome

Old 08-08-2010, 12:01 AM

i can tell the show went the way of the unit.......but more drastically so. Went from cool realism to over the topness with rediculous fights.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 08-08-2010, 01:44 AM
IMFDB Admin

At least in Ultimate Force we don't have any "Wives" characters to focus on. Sure this goes into stupid cliche military but at least it keeps the point of view on the military guys because they got no civilians to focus on.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:01 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I through series 1-3 and halfway through 4 between I just couldn't stand it anymore. It was clear the budget got slashed, and everything suffered. Series 1-2 were excellent, I highly recommend them. It just wasn't the same after they killed off half the cast. Having cast members leave gradually, like they did the first two series seems far more realistic.

I hope Hulu has captions. I have problems with British shows sometime because I have no idea what they're saying.

And does anything else think Henno is the British Michael Chiklis? Or is it just me?
Old 08-09-2010, 08:06 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
And does anything else think Henno is the British Michael Chiklis? Or is it just me?
They're bald and muscular, and they're both known for playing tough characters. Yeah, I guess that's pretty important.