imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Yooka

Red face Ranking Handgun Value in a Zombie Apocalypse

Hello all. I'm just a guy with a minimal knowledge of firearms, but a recently developing passion for learning more about them. I also try to contribute to a wiki about Zombie Films and hypothetical survivalism. Most of the editors seem to be pretty young, and even more uninformed than me.

I wanted to try something new for a wiki article, and I was hoping you guys could help me. Quite simply, I'd like to get a top ten list for the best handguns to have in a zombie uprising. Now, obviously, if such a thing were to happen, we would advise using primarily rifles and shotguns and such, and have the sidearm just in case. But we loves our guns, so the question still stands. How would you rank common handgun types against zombies?

To clarify, we are talking zombies as in Night of the Living Dead, not 28 Days Later or Zombieland. These zombies are already dead. Only the destruction of the brain, or brain stem puts them down. They don't breathe. They don't bleed out. They have poor balance, and very low speed, but they are very strong.

Factors I would imagine to be important include (but are not limited to) stopping power, ammo availability, resistance to jams, recoil, and how much is involved to maintain it. I would imagine very few .22's will be on there.

Anyway, please post up your thoughts, maybe a few words why you like one gun over another. I'm going to try to find a consensus, and post it on our wiki, and cite these forums.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for all the great work on imfdb. Feel free to pay us a visit at zombie.wikia.com if you'd like to help set us straight - Lord knows we could use the help.