imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 07-20-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
My buddy and I are still waiting for the prices to drop on Army of Two: Devil's Cartel and Gow: Judgment, so I decided to check XBox Live activity just to see how popular they are.
Bought it today so my buddy and I would have something to do. It's pretty fun (I definitely feel like I got my $30 worth), and I personally like it somewhat more than the previous two. It isn't really anything particularly special, but it's certainly worth a look

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 07-20-2013, 06:44 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Bought it today so my buddy and I would have something to do. It's pretty fun (I definitely feel like I got my $30 worth), and I personally like it somewhat more than the previous two. It isn't really anything particularly special, but it's certainly worth a look
My buddy and I were fans of the previous two games. And you're right, the universal opinion appears to be that the games in the series are the greatest $30 games ever. It's just too bad they're asking $60 for them.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:54 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

The Pacific Rim was a fun movie to watch and enjoy. I really had a great time.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 07-27-2013, 03:01 PM

*Sigh* Why won't September 17th get here faster?

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 07-27-2013, 04:06 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

The Wolverine was pretty good. A LOT better than the other one

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 07-29-2013, 11:17 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

One thing I've never really worked out in Spec Ops: The Line...

...Just why were they trying to evacuate a coastal city by air?
Old 07-30-2013, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
One thing I've never really worked out in Spec Ops: The Line...

...Just why were they trying to evacuate a coastal city by air?
Because Idiot Ball.

Or Because DA PLOT REQUIRES IT.

There's only one explanation for everything that's happened to me so far: This universe is trolling me.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:35 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I'm reading up on it and I'm amazed how many people go with the "CoD is jingoistic Americans shootan" angle, to the point I wonder if they every paid attention in any CoD game they might have played.

IW seem to have designed the original CoD as a response to "Americans in other people's history" in Medal of Honor, where even in the Russian levels in Spearhead you're somehow still an American. If you actually look at the original CoD, the American campaign is the smallest scale; the most major thing is Brecourt Manor, while the Soviets get Stalingrad and Berlin and the British get ridiculously daring raids and a solo attack on a battleship.

It even carries over to Modern Warfare where generally the US characters achieve the least and the things they do achieve have the least effect on the overall plot. The US campaign in CoD 4 is a rushed, confused action that ultimately causes every single bad thing that happens in the rest of the series, the only thing an American player character in MW2 achieves that has effects outside the US causes everything bad that happens in MW2 and 3, and Frost in 3 fails at the only real job he's given to do with effects outside the US (rescuing the Russian president's daughter) and leaves the British / Russian team to pick up the pieces.

Um...Hooray?
Old 07-30-2013, 05:01 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
I'm reading up on it and I'm amazed how many people go with the "CoD is jingoistic Americans shootan" angle, to the point I wonder if they every paid attention in any CoD game they might have played.

IW seem to have designed the original CoD as a response to "Americans in other people's history" in Medal of Honor, where even in the Russian levels in Spearhead you're somehow still an American. If you actually look at the original CoD, the American campaign is the smallest scale; the most major thing is Brecourt Manor, while the Soviets get Stalingrad and Berlin and the British get ridiculously daring raids and a solo attack on a battleship.

It even carries over to Modern Warfare where generally the US characters achieve the least and the things they do achieve have the least effect on the overall plot. The US campaign in CoD 4 is a rushed, confused action that ultimately causes every single bad thing that happens in the rest of the series, the only thing an American player character in MW2 achieves that has effects outside the US causes everything bad that happens in MW2 and 3, and Frost in 3 fails at the only real job he's given to do with effects outside the US (rescuing the Russian president's daughter) and leaves the British / Russian team to pick up the pieces.

Um...Hooray?
<<Spoiler>>

The villain in in MW2 was also an American, an American general no less.

I think it's an easier to argue that the Treyarch games are more jingoistic. That scene at the end of BO looked like it came out of an episode of GI Joe.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:26 AM

sssssssssssssspoilers:

Hudson: Hey, you! Sane the hell up!
Mason: Wow, that Russian was all in my head. Now I know!
Hudson: And knowing is half the battle.
<chorus>CoD Blaaack oooooooooooooops</chorus>