imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 05-05-2010, 09:05 PM

So what is Johnny's main gun? Maria has her Ruger .357 and her Kimber .45. I always thought Johnny would carry a Beretta 92FS.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:53 PM

92FS is too genric, common, boring. I think something customized, a little more rare, would be cool.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
92FS is too genric, common, boring. I think something customized, a little more rare, would be cool.
Okay. How 'bout a M1911A1 fitted with a beavertail safety grip, a combat hammer, Novak sights, and Pachmayr rubber grips?
Old 05-06-2010, 02:02 AM

And a colt detective special with parkerized frame, nickle cylinder, hammer and trigger, chamfered cylinder, action job, truglo front sight and badger wood grips as a backup?
Old 05-06-2010, 05:59 AM

Now with Johnny he's an interesting sort of guy when it comes to firearms. His tallents are geared towards longguns. Still Maria buys him the most powerful production handguns she can find as gifts. Usually they end up as decarations rather than shooting pieces.

Still he does carry either a SIG Sauer P22XR series handgun(220,226 or 229) or a pair of doublestack custom 1911 type handguns.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:01 AM

“¿Cómo andas, Perro?” Johnathan Bishop greeted the dog that a cute seniorita was trying to water. “You look thirsty. Do you want an extra hand?”

Maria looked up at the young man who had walked up to her when she was trying to give ‘Berto a drink. She watched the dog for it’s reaction to the young man. ‘Berto wagged his tail and pointed his nose towards the young man.

Johnathan stuck his hand in front of the dog’s nose and let it sniff him. He looked at the girl and asked. “You are a nice dog, what is your name?”

Maria caught on to the play on words. She knew that she shouldn’t let herself get flattered by the gringo. Given what she had done earlier that day getting close to someone would get them seriously hurt. Still the young man was so cool and smooth with his delivery of the pickup lines that Maria felt that she should reply. “My name is Seniorita Murphy, senior?”

“Bishop, Johnathan Bishop, Most people call me Johnny.” Johnny answered noticing her vividly emerald green eyes. It was obvious that her ancestry was part European mixed with Latin bloodlines into an incredibly attractive combination. She would have liked the young woman before him…He squashed the thoughts of her before they could form into painful memories.

“Johnny, is it.” Maria replied. “lets talk in English. ‘Cause my English is much better than your Spanish.”

“Sure thing.” Johnny said squatting down next to her and the dog. He cupped his palms and held them under the dog’s snout. Miss Murphy poured the water bottle she was holding into his palms and the dog used his hands as an improvised bowl. The dog’s rough tongue tickled his hands as it licked up and he ended up laughing. Miss Murphy smiled at him, the grin gave her the look of a mischievous imp.

“Senior Bishop.” Maria asked. “You wouldn’t mind taking a girl out to get something to eat, would you?”

“I’ve heard of a place around here that’s pretty good.”

“Cool, lets go.” Maria started to get up and let out a yelp of pain.

“Are you ok?” Johnny asks.

“Yeah I just broke up with a boyfriend and it was really bad.” Maria answered. Soon she found herself walking arm and arm with the young man. It was an amazing feeling, just walking with him and not really worrying about if he was going to cause her any harm. They made small talk just to pass the time talking about such topics as Johnny’s hobby of going four wheeling on weekends.

Johnny looked down at the small young woman walking with him. Her beautiful green eyes met his and he felt a connection with her. It was a warmth that he hadn’t felt in what seemed like centuries but it had only been a couple of years. A loud voice broke the moment with a catcall.

“Hey Chica, why don’t you ditch that looser and come kick it with us!?!” a skinny brown haired teenager called out.

Maria looked at Johnny and muttered. “Unfortunately I can’t just shoot the fucker.”

“You wouldn’t…would you?” Johnny asked.

“It’s really tempting.” Maria responded. “I just got rid of one asshole and I don’t need another.”

“Hey Baby, I’m talking to you…” The punk called out.

Johnny started leading Maria away. The fact that she was carrying a weapon was a worry. The veteranos, or border trash was a real worry as they were known for their high level of violence. The fact that Maria was really attractive was like a jar of honey in bear country. If they were lucky then they could get out without a fight. His luck ran low when a second teen stepped out in front of them.

“Hold up the party’s just starting.” The teen said reaching for a knife. Johnny simply stepped up and punched the the knife wielder’s solar plexus. Maria has seen more than her share of fights over the years and immediatly put Johnny in the catigory of trained and experianced. the punch had been swift and smooth. As far as it's effectivnedd the veterano dropped like he had been hit with a sledgehammer.

Maria kept up with Johnny as best as she could although his foot height over her let him walk a lot faster. Calmly she reached into her purse and gripped the .357 Magnum revolver hidden inside. Her other hand was on ‘Burto’s leash, the dog was on alert but would only attack when she gave the command. The gang members seemed to be more worried about their friend than chasing the pair. Soon they were in a better traveled area.

“Are you ok?” they asked each other at once.

“You first.” Johnny told Maria.

“I’m fine, but I was worried about you when he pulled that knife.” Maria said with a calm tone.

“I’ve had some training in that area.” Johnny said. “As for you can you use that pistol of yours?”

“I’ve killed people.” Maria admitted. “it’s not something that I like to talk about but yeah, I can use it.”

“The ability to kill is thankfully a rare thing.” Johnny told her. “Thankfully most of us have some regrets over it.”

“You killed someone?” Maria asked.

“Yeah, I killed a guy.” Johnny admitted. “I was staying with my half-sister and some homeboy who didn’t listen when she said ‘no’ broke in while we were out. When we came back he jumped me and to make a long story short I eviscerated him with a knife.”

“The smell is one of the worse things that I know of.” Maria said remembering. “As I pulled the knife along his stomach everything sort of spilled out of him. When Madre found me she got me to a hospital as soon as she could. I think that’s why mi padre killed her, she cared more for me than she ever would him and he couldn’t take it.”

“Lovely, just fucking lovely.” Johnny remarked.

“Yeah, a perfect little childhood in hell.”
Old 05-06-2010, 06:03 PM

p229 may be easiest to carry for concealment purposes, especially since hed be using long guns and the pistol is not in the primary role.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:13 AM

One of the big reasons he carries a SIG Sauer is the fact that they are Texas State issue handguns. While he doesn't carry them in .357 SIG like they do he does carry them because he grew up with them and they along with 1911 type pistols are what he is most familiar with.

While it is not a pistol per say he does aquire an O/U 12 gauge shotgun with the barrels shortened to just in front of the forgrip and the stock turned into a birdshead grip. While it's not that great a combat weapon, it does have it's uses as a vehicle gun.

Currently i am writing out the next little segment and it's interesting how sometimes the bistandards make the scene.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:59 AM

Besides the shotgun, what are Johnny's main long guns?
Old 05-07-2010, 03:51 AM

I have an idea of characters, kindof a backstory, but no real way to pull it together. schools over tomorrow though, maybe ill have some time to pull it together. Never been a writer but i have some ideas.

My setting is an alternate timeline U.S. thats in a civil war.

Last edited by k9870; 05-07-2010 at 04:06 AM.