imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-23-2009, 09:51 PM
Rgodforest
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Taser(s)?

Hi guys,

I've searched the forums but haven't found anything on tasers.

Are tasers considered 'arms' in the imfdb?
Can/should they be added?

-Rob
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-26-2009, 02:35 AM
Jcordell Jcordell is offline
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Idaho
Posts: 955
Default

Good question. I've used mine four times over the past 2.5 years. It's a great device and in the long run probably saved the lives of at least two of those four subjects that I tasered.

The presence of the Taser has prevented more problems and in many of those cases all I had to do was reach down and touch it. Never even said anything about using it.

Tasers are used in many movies and television productions. Though I have yet to see anyone get knocked out from being tasered. It's a taser not a phaser set to stun.

So what say you mighty moderators?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-26-2009, 02:58 AM
AdAstra2009's Avatar
AdAstra2009 AdAstra2009 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,067
Default

I already have the M26 Taser listed on a few pages of mine.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-26-2009, 05:02 PM
Ace Oliveira Ace Oliveira is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkman View Post
Good question. I've used mine four times over the past 2.5 years. It's a great device and in the long run probably saved the lives of at least two of those four subjects that I tasered.

The presence of the Taser has prevented more problems and in many of those cases all I had to do was reach down and touch it. Never even said anything about using it.

Tasers are used in many movies and television productions. Though I have yet to see anyone get knocked out from being tasered. It's a taser not a phaser set to stun.

So what say you mighty moderators?
Is it true that the Taser has to hit the clothes not the skin?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Jcordell Jcordell is offline
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Idaho
Posts: 955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Oliveira View Post
Is it true that the Taser has to hit the clothes not the skin?
Nope. The first guy I tasered was wearing shorts and nothing else. One prong went into his arm and the other one his chest. I gave him two rides or cycles before he decided to quit. Twenty years earlier he would have been shot, but thanks to the taser he came out of a very bad situation alive and I was spared the expereince of having to use deadly force against a guy who had made some very bad choices on a very hot Friday night.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Ace Oliveira Ace Oliveira is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 345
Default

Thank you Cordell. I guess my history teacher was wrong after all.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-27-2009, 11:06 PM
Jcordell Jcordell is offline
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Idaho
Posts: 955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Oliveira View Post
Thank you Cordell. I guess my history teacher was wrong after all.
What was your teacher telling you exactly?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Ace Oliveira Ace Oliveira is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 345
Default

There was the students were off in a sexology class so me and my History teacher were alone in the class. We started talking about a bunch of stuff and he said that some things they wanted to implement into Brazilian police wouldn't work. He said the taser was one of them because it could only hit clothed areas not the direct skin. I doubted that so I asked you.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-29-2009, 03:02 AM
Jcordell Jcordell is offline
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Idaho
Posts: 955
Default

Yeah. There is some really strange information circulating about Tasers.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Rgodforest
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So I guess that's a yes then.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.