imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 07-18-2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
It's not a remake or reboot, rather a direct sequel to the original Halloween and Halloween II that disregards everything H3 and beyond.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
Actually, it's a follow up to the very original Halloween. It ignores the events of Halloween II. But on the plus side, that means it gets rid of the stupid "Michael and Laurie siblings" twist from Halloween II (which, in my opinion, has been the albatross hanging across the franchises' neck).
Well sequels can be reboots if the franchise hasn't had anything going in a while one way or another - A remake can be a reboot but a reboot is not always a remake.

That said, I agree about that whole sibling thing being a problem for the franchise myself, but I understand it follows of 'that night' which would mean both the first and second films.

As for sequels being reboots, and being a Robo-head that of course leads us to the new RoboCop coming out -

Quote:
Looks like the RoboCop reboot is getting a sequel.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...D=ansmsnnews11
Quote:
The script originally was, but it's apparently being rewritten as a sequel to the remake. At least, that's how I understood it.
You're understanding wrong. To be fair that's a pretty shitty article. Anyway it is meant to be a continuation of the first film only. This has been stated by Blomkamp and Neumeier and Miner themselves. No consideration of the original sequels, or shows, certainly not that remake. Which though I may not 100% agree on ignoring the rest of the original trilogy must concede that's probably the best way to go, especially given the lackluster at best response to the remake and the fact the new film will follow the original sequel script draft written by Neumeier and Miner, 'Corporate Wars', enough to involve Robo being transplanted into a a world 25 or 30 years forward. (A reworked and kiddified off-shoot of much of the Corporate Wars story was used for the two-part pilot of the '94 TV Series.)

It's been in the works for a few months since Ed Neumeier let slip he and Michael Miner have been doing some writing, but now it's blown up with confirmation of Neill Blomkamp as director, news I'm personally psyched about because District 9 and to a partial extent Chappie were more-or-less RoboCop reboots in spirit. D9 especially I still think is the about absolute perfect template for a Robo reboot. The new Robo film feels even remotely close to that in tone and atmosphere that's job half done right there.

That plus the fact Neill is a big fan and really gives it to whatever project he's doing, as well as the addition of the original writers, gives me some hope that this might actually be something worth a shit in terms of RoboCop.

All-told, again, great news for Robo heads like me. Bummer it means Neill's gonna be off the new Alien, but still - I can't feel too bad about that. Though this before we get into casting and effects and whatnot - It is a live film (I had long thought this new one would be animated along the new Starship Troopers route) so that will have hurdles. I guess we'll see of course.

Last edited by StanTheMan; 07-18-2018 at 04:41 PM.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:00 PM

Ubisoft--finally--added an HK416 to Ghost Recon: Wildlands. I'm so happy I could cry. But crying's for pussies, so I won't.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 07-26-2018, 03:15 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Ubisoft--finally--added an HK416 to Ghost Recon: Wildlands. I'm so happy I could cry. But crying's for pussies, so I won't.
Still no Glock though

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 07-26-2018, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Still no Glock though
Yeah, but I'm still counting the 416 as a win. Even if there's no 11" barrel option included for it, despite the dozens upon dozens of requests for a 10" M4 barrel that have been posted on the official forums. *grinds teeth*

Old 07-30-2018, 01:19 PM

Ubisoft added a short barrel for the HK416.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...30-1-27-10.png

Update's not out on PS4 yet, though. D:

Old 07-31-2018, 04:02 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Should we do this fan made Jurassic World movie? It's very professionally done with some cameos of Travis Haley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XpNBMOZp5Y

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 07-31-2018, 04:47 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Should we do this fan made Jurassic World movie? It's very professionally done with some cameos of Travis Haley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XpNBMOZp5Y
No fan films permitted.
Old 07-31-2018, 04:50 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
No fan films permitted.
No short films either.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:20 PM

If anything, one could cap it and put it on the Fallen Kingdom talk page, like we've done the CoD live-action commercials.

Old 08-02-2018, 04:44 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
If anything, one could cap it and put it on the Fallen Kingdom talk page, like we've done the CoD live-action commercials.
But technically those commercials were official stuff

This fan movie has an IMDB page