imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Kinzer Kinzer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 43
Default

Don't forget Red Dead Redemption.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-03-2010, 07:51 PM
MT2008's Avatar
MT2008 MT2008 is offline
IMFDB & Forum Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,589
Default

Right now, I'm just playing "Gears of War" and "Halo 3". I intend to buy "Modern Warfare 2" next, then maybe "GTA IV".
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-03-2010, 08:56 PM
S&Wshooter's Avatar
S&Wshooter S&Wshooter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Right now, I'm just playing "Gears of War" and "Halo 3". I intend to buy "Modern Warfare 2" next, then maybe "GTA IV".

Prepare to be really pissed off at the driving. None of the cars have brakes and they apparantly weigh only like 100 lbs because they flip so damn easily
__________________
Get off of my property


http://www.introvertisland.com
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Excalibur's Avatar
Excalibur Excalibur is offline
IMFDB Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 3,842
Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Prepare to be really pissed off at the driving. None of the cars have brakes and they apparantly weigh only like 100 lbs because they flip so damn easily
Actually, it took me a week or two, but I got the hang of driving. It ended up being real fun to drive once you get used to the controls.
__________________

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-03-2010, 10:59 PM
MT2008's Avatar
MT2008 MT2008 is offline
IMFDB & Forum Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,589
Default

Seriously, right now, I'm still at the point where I'm cursing at the controls of every game I play, just because they're not PC controls. I still have the WASD keyboard controls hard-wired into my brain from so many years of playing Half-Life and its mods.

The thought also occurred to me that GoW also might not be the best game to start with, since its controls aren't like any shooter I've ever played. Oh, well, my neighbors are coming over tonight to show me the ropes in Halo 3.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-03-2010, 11:02 PM
S&Wshooter's Avatar
S&Wshooter S&Wshooter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Seriously, right now, I'm still at the point where I'm cursing at the controls of every game I play, just because they're not PC controls. I still have the WASD keyboard controls hard-wired into my brain from so many years of playing Half-Life and its mods.

The thought also occurred to me that GoW also might not be the best game to start with, since its controls aren't like any shooter I've ever played. Oh, well, my neighbors are coming over tonight to show me the ropes in Halo 3.
If you had Live, I could teach you a thing or two. I'd probably just end up shooting you though
__________________
Get off of my property


http://www.introvertisland.com
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-03-2010, 11:08 PM
MT2008's Avatar
MT2008 MT2008 is offline
IMFDB & Forum Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
If you had Live, I could teach you a thing or two. I'd probably just end up shooting you though
Actually, I did register for Live finally (after I got ahold of another router so that I could connect my box to the network). But right now, I'm only using Live to download stuff. I'm not gonna play on Live just yet.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-03-2010, 11:12 PM
S&Wshooter's Avatar
S&Wshooter S&Wshooter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Actually, I did register for Live finally (after I got ahold of another router so that I could connect my box to the network). But right now, I'm only using Live to download stuff. I'm not gonna play on Live just yet.
Screen name?
__________________
Get off of my property


http://www.introvertisland.com
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-05-2010, 01:34 PM
MT2008's Avatar
MT2008 MT2008 is offline
IMFDB & Forum Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Screen name?
Like I said, patience. Also, I'd rather not give my screen name on here.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.