imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2009, 03:40 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I also love how the folly editor always has to insert the sound of a hammer being cocked every time a pistol is drawn, even if it's a hammerless gun like a Glock or a Walther P99. More often than not, even when the gun is a model that has a hammer, you can tell that it hasn't actually been cocked. I was just watching a TV show where a bad guy pulls a Taurus PT92 on another character, and you hear the hammer get cocked into SA as he draws it, but you can clearly tell that the gun is still in DA mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
I don't know if this one qualifies, but as I'm sitting here watching Tomorrow Never Dies, I can't help but be reminded how when the hero takes an assault rifle or SMG from a dead bad guy he/she just killed, they never seem to bother taking any extra ammo!
To be fair, the bad guys rarely seem to be carrying extra ammo in the first place. Ever notice how few of them have extra mag pouches? It's like they walk around with only one loaded mag in the gun and nothing else the entire time.

I guess it's because theoretically, the bad guys are supposed to have unlimited ammo, too (unless, for the sake of plot convenience, they happen to run out just when the hero needs to shoot them).

Last edited by MT2008; 10-19-2009 at 03:46 PM.