imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 10-10-2010, 03:15 AM

Here's another excerpt from my book:

"My main brand is Marlboro, usually Red Label, though I am keen to Pall Mall's. A classy way to commit suicide."

"What?"

"It's something that Kurt Vonnegut once wrote." he said lighting his cigarette with a Zippo lighter. "I smoke around four or five cigarettes a day. I'm not one of those pack-a-day smoker."

Greg took a drag and let smoke run from his mouth. Katie took a sip of her tonic.

"Greg, what were you doing taking a walk in the middle of the night?"

"It's for my insomnia. My asshole of a psychiatrist won't give me any medication for it and suggests that I see support groups. I attended one meeting, and these guys were all twitchy and strung out like a bunch of mainliners. My preferred method of getting asleep isn't working."

"And that is?"

"Taking a hot bath with some epsom salt added in. It's said that epsom salt is a muscle relaxant."

"Interesting." Katie said downing her cocktail. She got up, but Greg stopped her.

"Don't worry, I'll get you another round. You want the same thing?"

"This time, I'll take T and T with a bit of lime added in."

"Gotcha."

Greg returned to the bar where he noticed that Charlie was already mixing Canada Dry Tanqueray gin over three ice cubes in a highball glass. The man had the ears of a fox. He squeezed half a lime into the glass and handed it to Greg.

"This one's on the house."

"Thanks."

"You know, you're really taking a shine to this girl."

"Well, I saved her from getting mugged. The least I can do is buy her a drink."

He returned to the table and handed the glass to Katie. "Now, where were we?"

"Katie, you fucking unfaithful bitch!"

The two turned towards the entry way to see a man in sweatpants and an A-shirt covered with grease. He had a buzz cut and green eyes. A tattoo of a hammer and sickle was on his right bicep with another tattoo of a marijuana leaf underneath it. He was extremely thin, so thin that you could see his ribs. He angrily approached their table.

"What the fuck are you doing with this motherfuckin' motherfucker? He's some fuckin' gigolo, isn't he?"

"Paul-"

"You fuckin' cheated on me after everything I done for you!" he screamed, smacking her across the face.

"That was fuckin' uncalled for, you fuckin' prick!" Greg screamed.

"Fuck you, you motherfuckin' motherfucker. You keeping her warm at night? You fuckin' eating her out?"

"I just met her twenty five goddamn minutes ago. I can already tell she's in a dysfunctional relation with a jackass that treats her like trash!"

"Fuck you!" screamed Paul, about to punch Greg. Greg grabbed his fist, twisted Paul's arm, and forced him down on his knees.

"You know what I think of you? I think you're just a punk ass, haiku writing motherfucker who thinks he's hot shit. I can tell by your dilated pupils that you're on so much blow that you can't feel a thing. Can you feel this?"

He let go of Paul's arm and kicked him to the ground. Paul got up and took out a linoleum knife. Greg immediately drew a .45 from underneath his jacket, shot the knife out of Paul's hand, and pinned him against the wall. He placed the muzzle of the gun in Paul's mouth.

"Please, enlighten me: why the fuck do street punks like you carry around knives? The gun is superior to the knife. Guns are the wave of future. Get it through your head."

He took the .45 out of Paul's mouth and approached Katie. "He won't bother you again. I'll take you home."

"My home is Paul's apartment."

"Then you can stay at mine."

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series

Last edited by Swordfish941; 10-11-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
He could fit in my jacket pocket!
Same thing goes for Mila Kunis.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 10-12-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
Same thing goes for Mila Kunis.
But I wouldn't mind Mila Kunis being in my jacket pocket. If Elijah Wood found his way in their, I'd have to burn my jacket and buy a new one

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 10-15-2010, 01:20 AM

I imagine this song playing during the love scene between Greg and Katie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1YI8QeKGWo

Old 10-15-2010, 01:47 AM

Swordfish, what do you think of that idea I messaged you about the other day?

Old 10-15-2010, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Swordfish, what do you think of that idea I messaged you about the other day?
I think Van Zyl should cover the guard's mouth before stabbing him with the Kukri and Greg should deliver the lobotomy with his suppressed Kimber.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
I think Van Zyl should cover the guard's mouth before stabbing him with the Kukri and Greg should deliver the lobotomy with his suppressed Kimber.
And then van Zyl whispers angrily "Did I not just tell you: don't use your gun, it's too loud", although that would be better suited for him to say with one of his mercs

Old 10-15-2010, 02:32 AM

This is what Greg's Somali attire is suppose to look like:

Old 10-15-2010, 02:39 AM

I think cooper should say something racist to macdiesel then mac kicks his ass, and sean stops him, then takes over, hitting cooper while hes down.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 10-15-2010, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I think cooper should say something racist to macdiesel then mac kicks his ass, and sean stops him, then takes over, hitting cooper while hes down.
Nothing like the good ole ultra violence, eh droog?