imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 08-17-2009, 10:51 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
The 32 acp is actually semi-rimmed so it will work without moon clips.
I didn't know that. Wow, now I might actually need this .327 SP101. My dad has lots of .32 ACP ammo.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:58 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

I happen to know where there is a Singer 45. The latest Blue Book puts a Singer at around $35,000 (USD). And yes it's the real thing - not a fake. The owner has solid provenance. It was purchased by his grandfather when he left the United States Army Air Corp in 1946. The grandfather was a bomber pilot. The bulk of the 500 some Singer 45's were issued to the 8th Air Force. Those were the B-17's that ran the daylight bombing raids against Germany from 42 - 54. Most of the Singers were lost in combat.

It's a family hierloom and the guy knows what he has. It's very impressive being around it.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:58 AM

Nice. I saw a Singer at a show once, but it wasn't for sale. One of these days I'd like to just SEE a North American Arms 1911, but in 10 years of collecting I've only ever seen the one for sale online.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Satory

Default For classic and vintage fans

Mmmm. Vintage Emeraude. I think I will be hunting that one down soon Thanks for all the welcomes, people.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:44 PM

Danish modification of the Suomi SMG, the ball-shaped wooden foregrip intended to improve ergomomic flexibility for the user when handling the weapon. Other than making it ugly, it was found pointless so therefore the Danes used it in its original form as the M/41.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:28 AM

Interesting. Kinda reminds me of the Madsen-made Ljungmanns - the Danes certainly had a way of adding their own stamp to foreign made weapons.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:36 AM

Location: west of NY, east of Cali, south of Canada, north of Mexico

Nyles, that collection has some real grit and history to it. I enjoyed the photos you've posted immensely! I have an old Webley 455 in need of some parts. know any good sources for that sort of thing?

I love the 1911 you posted originally. Talk about character. Man. The years on that weapon have only made it more handsome.

We share a few of the same guns in our collection! Nice to see someone else into the vintage steel, and the old brit guns!

Old 09-10-2009, 01:04 AM

Thanks, always glad to meet another fan of British guns.

Numrich carries parts for the Webley, though they don't seem to have much in stock. Western Gun Parts in Edmonton might have some, but as a whole they seem to be pretty hard to find.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:20 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingJames View Post
Nyles, that collection has some real grit and history to it. I enjoyed the photos you've posted immensely! I have an old Webley 455 in need of some parts. know any good sources for that sort of thing?

I love the 1911 you posted originally. Talk about character. Man. The years on that weapon have only made it more handsome.

We share a few of the same guns in our collection! Nice to see someone else into the vintage steel, and the old brit guns!

SARCO sometimes carries spare parts as well. I'm currently on backorder for some grips for my Mk VI. Did you get my PM?