imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 07-27-2010, 06:35 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

We've heard of it. Have you heard of good manners POI. I've mentioned it to you as have others and you insist on acting badly and annoying everybody anyway. Why?
Old 07-27-2010, 06:59 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonOfInterest View Post
I guess nobody here has ever heard of fair use.
You have NO idea what "fair use" is. You would NEVER survive on Wikipedia, since they routinely won't post images that they don't have the license to or are not already in the public domain. Guess what? These images are not in the public domain.

Fair use is when you copy in part or in whole a news article or similar created media when referring back to it in your own original article or reprinting it with full attributions. You cannot alter the wording or intent, even if you're discussing the author, except in context of an analysis of the work. But you're not doing that. It doesn't mean you can take J.K. Rowling's new book, auto replaced every instance of "the" with "Fuck" and then release it as your own book. Sure, we see copyrighted photos of celebs photoshopped to be naked. They're everywhere and they're technically illegal, not 'invasion of privacy' of the celeb, but violation of copyright of the original photographer. You're not in that realm so you don't see all the cease and desist orders and court judgments against violators.

Last edited by MoviePropMaster2008; 07-27-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:24 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Ok, MPM. The guy obviously doesn't know anything about all this, so cut him some slack and tell him not to mess with your photos ever again. You can't teach someone if they don't listen

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 07-27-2010, 11:47 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Ok, MPM. The guy obviously doesn't know anything about all this, so cut him some slack and tell him not to mess with your photos ever again. You can't teach someone if they don't listen
That's not the only reason we're angry at PoI. He's earned a rep at this point for being a sarcastic, know-it-all, sometimes sadistic jackass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
I've been noticing a sharp drop in the quality of discussion and level of civility here for awhile, and it's not confined to POI. I'd like to see something done about it in general, and a 2-week suspension wouldn't be a bad start.
Good point.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
You have NO idea what "fair use" is. You would NEVER survive on Wikipedia, since they routinely won't post images that they don't have the license to or are not already in the public domain. Guess what? These images are not in the public domain.

Fair use is when you copy in part or in whole a news article or similar created media when referring back to it in your own original article or reprinting it with full attributions. You cannot alter the wording or intent, even if you're discussing the author, except in context of an analysis of the work. But you're not doing that. It doesn't mean you can take J.K. Rowling's new book, auto replaced every instance of "the" with "Fuck" and then release it as your own book. Sure, we see copyrighted photos of celebs photoshopped to be naked. They're everywhere and they're technically illegal, not 'invasion of privacy' of the celeb, but violation of copyright of the original photographer. You're not in that realm so you don't see all the cease and desist orders and court judgments against violators.
I'm not claiming the photographs as my own work, I'm not trying to make any money off of them, and I only posted them here for a bit of fun, on the forum attached to the only site that has permission to display the originals. You're not taking any sort of loss financially or of your reputation, and I'm certainly not profiting off them. It was a simple joke and you're overreacting, probably just because you don't like me.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:33 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonOfInterest View Post
probably just because you don't like me.
I don't like you, either. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe modifying your behavior might be a good idea if you've already managed to annoy the staff here?
Old 08-09-2010, 08:11 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Anyway... at least Colt is going in the right direction. It's been 99 years, and only ONE company (that I'm aware of) makes a SA/DA M1911? Really?
Old 08-09-2010, 08:17 PM

POI, the reason he's being harsh with you (which i have no problem with at this point) is because he told you not to use his copyrighted images, and then you just don't fucking get it! if you're already in deep shit, dont get in even deeper shit. just agree, nod and say ''yes sir, i won't do it again'' but certainly DO NOT try to correct yourself and make us look like the offender. GOD! i, and certainly other forum members, are tired of your constant bullshit.

2 week ban? hell, no. i dont want to see this jackass on this forum EVER again

Last edited by Zulu Two Six; 08-09-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:49 PM

I think we're way off track, which was talking about how Colt makes someone puke.

In my opinion, i believe that we just have to give 2 week timeout for POI, and just get over this problem. If we keep argues about someone who just don't understand how angry the copywriter is right now, there will be tons of lawsuits coming out of this forum in few weeks, which we don't encourage.

But i just realized that POI is banned right now, so we're back in business again.

P.S) I feel puke too about Colt. Old Stoner and Browning design for more than 100 years(100 for 1911, 30 for AR-15), and they just don't get the idea how retard they are.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:10 PM

colt is giving hk a run for its money in the civilian hating sector.

Grunt, Mass effect 3