imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 03-26-2013, 04:01 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
You want me to put a smug on my screen?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 03-27-2013, 01:53 AM

40 rounds of Monarch 7.62x39mm

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 03-29-2013, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcordell View Post
Lately I've developed a greater appreciation for the S&W semi-autos. Especially the 2nd and 3rd Generation models. Probably becasue S&W has almost stopped making them in favor of the M&P. I think I have a thing for discontinued models. It's a sickness. Very nice AdAstra2009.
Thanks, it's a great gun.
I also just picked up a CETME Sporter, I'll post pics later.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:16 PM

I'm going to a crawfish boil at my cousin's house, so I'm going to be asking her husband about buying all that Norinco 7.62x39mm he has laying around. His father actually brought back a Type 56 from Vietnam, and after he died his friend got it but didn't take the ammo for whatever reason

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 03-29-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
Smith & Wesson 915, basically a budget 5904. Would have liked to have gotten one with matching controls. But they were bought up within the first few hours of listing. $240 shipped, I'll do a better assessment when it arrives. Already got extra mags.

Pretty interesting. Before the craze I would have said something to the effect of "915s are budget 5904s, but 5904s are budget wondernines", but you are right. Prices on hi caps have risen, and even before the ban scares, S&W classic autos have have been drying up and rising in price. The accented controls are interesting though. Is it a parts gun or were they offered with different finish patterns or something? Even as a budget line gun, it's still a S&W and therefore a fascinating item to me.

About the spring kits, the one thing I love about the S&W classic autos is that the frames are super easy to strip. The wraparound grip was a really ingenious idea since it made replacing the mainspring easier, on top of eliminating 11 parts from the whole design. Enjoy your new gun and let us know how you feel about it after the range.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:43 PM

wheres all the damn ammo

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 03-29-2013, 08:41 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
wheres all the damn ammo
In my gun safe

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 03-29-2013, 08:44 PM

A few of my friends are all getting their CCW permits this week. Hopefully I'll be able to join them in a few months.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:54 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
Pretty interesting. Before the craze I would have said something to the effect of "915s are budget 5904s, but 5904s are budget wondernines", but you are right. Prices on hi caps have risen, and even before the ban scares, S&W classic autos have have been drying up and rising in price. The accented controls are interesting though. Is it a parts gun or were they offered with different finish patterns or something? Even as a budget line gun, it's still a S&W and therefore a fascinating item to me.

About the spring kits, the one thing I love about the S&W classic autos is that the frames are super easy to strip. The wraparound grip was a really ingenious idea since it made replacing the mainspring easier, on top of eliminating 11 parts from the whole design. Enjoy your new gun and let us know how you feel about it after the range.
I think the slide was reparked, because there is no wear on it. They get a lot of Hi-Powers that are completely reparked. I guess with the alloy frame on the 915, they left them alone. The controls were either stripped and left bare or satin nickeled. This is one that was the opposite http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=333347200

Here's a quick video on mine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FQr7yYof5A

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
wheres all the damn ammo
In my ammo cabinet. The only ammo I bought since the scare was 7.62x51. I had everything else on hand.

Last edited by predator20; 03-29-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:36 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitoryu12 View Post
A few of my friends are all getting their CCW permits this week. Hopefully I'll be able to join them in a few months.
I was only able to convince a handful of buddies to get their LTCH along with my little brother who turned 21 last December.