imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 03-17-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcordell View Post
there was a thread going that said if you call paramedics you're just giving govermental assassins free access to your home.
That makes... absolutely no sense whatsoever. But then again, conspiracy theorists rarely ever do.

Quote:
So I was banned.
I know what it's like to be targeted by biased mods/admins, I was the recipient of an apparent collusion between two mods on a site because one didn't like an opinion I left in a topic on a product and went on a tirade about how my logic was "faulty", filling it with snide little insults. I respectfully and politely told him off (for lack of a better phrase) and he later went on to directly insult me in several other topics.

Then I got a message from another mod who issued me a warning for "personal attacks". When I responded to him with an attempt to defend myself and discuss these so-called personal attacks that he claimed I made, linking to my initial post and to the other mod's posts where he flamed me, the warning mod promptly cited a vague and unethical rule to "not piss off the staff", issued a second warning, and banned me.

Unfortunately I don't recall exactly how it was all worded while the offending mods deleted all traces of the incident, and I seem to be unable to find the topic on another forum where I posted a transcript of the whole thing to discuss with friends, but the basic outline was a mod didn't like my opinion and I suffered for it.

I'm so glad I can have a dissenting opinion on here and not be punished for it. Now, Checkman, scrap those archaic revolvers of yours and get some quality semi-autos with enough rails to mount the entire US SOPMOD kit on.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 03-17-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Just M4Carbine.net for me, but they apparently restricted my posting rights after I made an inquiry regarding the CQBR and Mk 18.
I quit going there when I got railed for daring to voice an opinion that the M-4A1 wasn't the best combat carbine ever.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that my CAB, BSM w/V, and PH w/OLC didn't qualify me to disparage the very weapon I carried in combat.

M202 sucks.

And Cordell, they're just jealous because you can probably out shoot them with your old slabsided Sporter with no doo-dads on it.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:18 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
I'm so glad I can have a dissenting opinion on here and not be punished for it. Now, Checkman, scrap those archaic revolvers of yours and get some quality semi-autos with enough rails to mount the entire US SOPMOD kit on.

Ohhhhhh boy. Keep talking like that and you're going to get banned for personal attacks.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:19 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
And Cordell, they're just jealous because you can probably out shoot them with your old slabsided Sporter with no doo-dads on it.
I know it, I know it. But I shall persevere.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:23 PM

Even though, a Colt 3x Scope would be pretty nifty.

Just saying. Bring you up to atleast the early '80s.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Even though, a Colt 3x Scope would be pretty nifty.

Just saying. Bring you up to atleast the early '80s.
Nobody remembers that I also own a Glock 19, Glock 26 and a Browning Buckmark Camper. Geez guys I'm not that old.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:56 PM

I kid. I kid.

Even though you're remark of "it may be old to you, but to me it was last tuesday" has made its way into my work vocabulary.

I deal with a lot of kids who were born with Clinton was in office. Mind boggling.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:04 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
I kid. I kid.

Even though you're remark of "it may be old to you, but to me it was last tuesday" has made its way into my work vocabulary.

I deal with a lot of kids who were born with Clinton was in office. Mind boggling.
That would be my daughter and son. My daughter is graduating in a couple months from high school.

I didn't care for the man (still don't), but there is no denying that it was during the eight years of his administration that I went from being a "Young Adult" to being a full fledged adult with all the baggage. So like it or not I'll always associate him with some pretty major events in my life. Weird how things work out.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:10 PM

I always equate the Clinton Administration with Pop's missing Christmas for the first time that I was old enough to realize he was gone.

Operation Deny Flight and all, wierd how things stick in your mind like that.

And I always equate Operation Allied Force with my sister and her bed wetting problem with Clinton, too.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:15 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I'm screencapping Season 9 of Law & Order right now (which aired 1998-99), and there are episodes that reference the independent counsel and jokes about presidential DNA samples. Ah, good times...