imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 10-06-2010, 03:03 PM

Default Yip Man (2009)

Already worked out the article. The movie (primary focus on martial arts) has a total of 3 guns, 2 of them high profile (the Arisaka Type 99 rifle is wielded by every single Japanese soldier in the film and the Nambu Type 14 is the sidearm of Sato, a Japanese Colonel). IMDB Page

I have problems identifying the following revolver:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

It´s a 6 shot break-action. Ip Man knocks the cylinder out with his bare hand. I was wondering if this is realistic at all.
e./

2008, not 09. Damn.

e.2/

Created the page. Click
A kid in green tights broke into my house and smashed all my shit with a sword. Fuck video games.

Last edited by Milkovich; 10-06-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:30 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Realistically, it would be impossible to simply knock out the revolving chamber with just your finger. I have no idea what this revolver is. At first, it might be a Webley, but then it could be a Nagant.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 10-07-2010, 04:56 AM

Well, the Nagant isn´t a top break revolver and the Webley´s of this size all lack an ejector rod.
A kid in green tights broke into my house and smashed all my shit with a sword. Fuck video games.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

I have no idea. It looks almost like a mutant offspring between a Webley-Pryse Model 1877 (left) and a Nambu Type 26 revolver (right) That exposed ejector rod is goofy and it looks like it has the Pryse frame locking hinge design. Is it possible that this a non gun made from different revolvers? Well if Nyles shows up maybe he can figure it out.

I love these Chinese movies. Their martial arts masters have supernatural abilities. Which makes for an entertaining movie, but it they were so amazing how was it that the Japanese managed to conquer a third of China and inflict defeat after defeat on the Chinese forces? The only thing that defeated the Japanese was they were fighting a two front war and the sheer size of China.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2731_1.jpg (79.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg t26sn5070right.jpg (47.7 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Jcordell; 10-08-2010 at 12:29 AM.