imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-16-2009, 05:28 AM
Cannon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Most cumulative bullets fired by one actor during his/her career.

Maybe this is old news or been covered..but..here goes. Does anyone know..or have an inkling as to what actor or actress (hey..it's possible)..has fired the most ammo on screen during their film career?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-16-2009, 05:47 AM
Gunmaster45's Avatar
Gunmaster45 Gunmaster45 is offline
IMFDB Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 1,779
Default

I have no idea and even most armorers probably wouldn't since I doubt they keep a tally of every single bullet fired by an actor.

If I had to guess, I'd say Arnold Schwarzenegger. After using the Minigun in T2 and machine guns, shotguns, handguns, and so on in many of his films, it'd be pretty easy to guess he's the ultimate blank firerer.



Shame he's a dumbass politician now... :P


"Ahng! I will fucking punch yoo!"
(sorry, you can't write a dumb accent)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-17-2009, 06:39 AM
Cannon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Yup

That was my guess. But given the amazing amount of incredible data I've seen on this site so far..I wouldn't have been surprised if someone did have a bullet count on someone. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-18-2009, 10:00 PM
MoviePropMaster2008's Avatar
MoviePropMaster2008 MoviePropMaster2008 is offline
IMFDB Admin
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: California
Posts: 1,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Shame he's a dumbass politician now... :P
Sorry GM45 stop being a dumbass and believing what the Liberal press says.

I've noticed the Arnold is blamed for EVERYTHING wrong with California when 100% of the blame goes to the ridiculous Democrat controlled legislature, but I've noticed that the media conveniently ignore all the destructive things that they do. Surely he's not as conservative as I would like but he's vetoed MORE anti gun bills thrown his way than any governor in the history of the state.

I see what they are doing. They are trying to Smear ANY republican governor and insure that they install a liberal Democrat for years to come. I have YET to see a Dem governor veto ANY anti gun legislation EVER. I cringe to think of the crap we're going to have to go through when a DEM governor comes into office. I will probably be officially out of business (as well as all other people in the firearms business) except those that wish to give tens of thousands of dollars in fees (for the 'privilege' of doing what we've been doing for decades).
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-18-2009, 10:10 PM
MT2008's Avatar
MT2008 MT2008 is offline
IMFDB & Forum Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
Surely he's not as conservative as I would like but he's vetoed MORE anti gun bills thrown his way than any governor in the history of the state.
I dunno, I haven't followed what he's vetoed and what he hasn't. What I do know is that he sure hasn't been very supportive of gun owners in public, which isn't necessarily relevant (there have been LOTS of Repubs who have claimed they support gun control to appease the liberals, but done the sensible thing behind-the-scenes). I just find it a tad bit hypocritical that someone who made his fortune by starring in shoot-em-up movies is so unwilling to back gun owners up at all. His movies are pretty much the whole the reason that Magnum Research sold so many Desert Eagles, but he wants us to believe that he wishes it weren't so?

I do find it weird, though, how liberals have so much hate for him even though he's at best about 5% more conservative than Colin Powell. Goes to show how you just can't appease those fuckers...

Last edited by MT2008; 07-18-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-18-2009, 10:28 PM
MT2008's Avatar
MT2008 MT2008 is offline
IMFDB & Forum Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,580
Default

As far as actors who have fired the most bullets, I'd also guess Chow Yun-Fat ranks pretty high up on the list, due to all the John Woo movies he made. In "Hard Boiled" alone, over 100,000 rounds of blank ammunition were fired, and I'm guessing Chow fired most of them. And that's not counting "The Killer" (80K+ rounds fired), the three "A Better Tomorrow" movies, etc. And remember that he's made way, WAY more movies than Schwarzenegger.

Of course, actors who have handled/fired belt-fed weapons like the Minigun are obviously going to have a significant lead over actors who only fire handguns, subguns, or assault rifles.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-19-2009, 12:08 AM
Gunmaster45's Avatar
Gunmaster45 Gunmaster45 is offline
IMFDB Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 1,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
Sorry GM45 stop being a dumbass and believing what the Liberal press says.

I've noticed the Arnold is blamed for EVERYTHING wrong with California when 100% of the blame goes to the ridiculous Democrat controlled legislature, but I've noticed that the media conveniently ignore all the destructive things that they do. Surely he's not as conservative as I would like but he's vetoed MORE anti gun bills thrown his way than any governor in the history of the state.

I see what they are doing. They are trying to Smear ANY republican governor and insure that they install a liberal Democrat for years to come. I have YET to see a Dem governor veto ANY anti gun legislation EVER. I cringe to think of the crap we're going to have to go through when a DEM governor comes into office. I will probably be officially out of business (as well as all other people in the firearms business) except those that wish to give tens of thousands of dollars in fees (for the 'privilege' of doing what we've been doing for decades).
I don't judge him entirely for his views on gun control (which I admit I may have overlooked, so dumbass I am), but I'm not fond on some of his other views, such as gay marriage and imigration. I don't wish to start arguments about these things on here though, because you guys are my friends and political differences hurt friendships.

BTW, the dumbest quote of the year was ACTUALLY awared to Arnie when he said the following, "I believe gay marriage should be between a man and a woman." WTF?!

Oh, one more thing, the first time I read Arnold had done something negative towards gun-owners, it was in American Rifleman magazine, I don't know if you'd consider that "liberal press"...
__________________

Last edited by Gunmaster45; 07-19-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-19-2009, 12:12 AM
Vangelis Vangelis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
BTW, the dumbest quote of the year was ACTUALLY awared to Arnie when he said the following, "I believe gay marriage should be between a man and a woman." WTF?!
He missed off "...And another woman, and the man should be me."
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-19-2009, 02:05 AM
Alcatrazz Alcatrazz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vermont
Posts: 224
Default

Didn't Starship Troopers hold the record for most blanks fired in a film?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-19-2009, 03:15 AM
AdAstra2009's Avatar
AdAstra2009 AdAstra2009 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
BTW, the dumbest quote of the year was ACTUALLY awared to Arnie when he said the following, "I believe gay marriage should be between a man and a woman." WTF?!
He made a mistake/slip, and you shouldn't judge him on that.

It would be equivalent to if I were to call you a dumbass for making a typo.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.