imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 11-30-2008, 08:46 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Default Jericho

So, is there anyone besides me who really likes this show? Pity it couldn't maintain its ratings and got the axe; I think it's one of the most under-appreciated shows that was airing on CBS.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:47 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Never seen it. I'll look it up then.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 01-14-2009, 04:20 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I just started to watch this show with the help of Netflix and I am hooked. I can't wait to see the episodes where we see bigger guns.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 01-14-2009, 04:32 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I just started to watch this show with the help of Netflix and I am hooked. I can't wait to see the episodes where we see bigger guns.
What are you up to right now?
Old 01-15-2009, 03:57 AM
IMFDB Admin

looking for second season.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:27 AM
IMFDB Admin

*SPOILERS IF ANYONE READS THIS*

I just have some small gripes about the story.

I mean, it takes place ongoing after a nuclear attack on the country and suddenly in a matter of mere months, the creation of an entirely new government of more than half the US territory on the west side, the creation of a new flag, even the military unifroms have patches for this flag, letterings saying they are AS Army. They even got their own currency. It's almost too perfect, but I guess the series was supposed to reveal how all this happened so well if it wasn't cancelled again.,

Old 01-15-2009, 06:57 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
I mean, it takes place ongoing after a nuclear attack on the country and suddenly in a matter of mere months, the creation of an entirely new government of more than half the US territory on the west side, the creation of a new flag, even the military unifroms have patches for this flag, letterings saying they are AS Army. They even got their own currency. It's almost too perfect, but I guess the series was supposed to reveal how all this happened so well if it wasn't cancelled again.,
You raise good points, here is my response (in white):

Remember that John Smith explains Jennings & Rawl had been planning this operation for many, many years - the document which Hawkins obtains is dated for 1994. Presumably, they planned a lot of this stuff during that time - including the flag, the currency, all that.

Also, remember that ACUs (the current U.S. Army uniform, which all of the AS Army soldiers wear) have patches that are designed to be removed quickly from velcro fastenings. That's why, in the last episode, you see them all tear off their AS flag patches so easily. Shouldn't be much trouble to make up a lot of them.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:13 AM
IMFDB Admin

Good point, but still, why only just the side of the US from the east of the Misissippi river? The series doesn't explain about why Texas was able to be independent, then again this series was cancelled, so a lot of things that could have been explained, wasn't.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:20 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Good point, but still, why only just the side of the US from the east of the Misissippi river? The series doesn't explain about why Texas was able to be independent, then again this series was cancelled, so a lot of things that could have been explained, wasn't.

I imagine that the new government won the loyalty of enough states in the West that those who didn't fall in line with the Cheyenne regime faced economic embargoes and possibly an invasion force if they didn't join the Allied States. So it was a matter of coercing them.

Texas was the only state able to stay out of both the U.S. and A.S. because it had a massive coastline and enough oil and military forces to hold out on its own, I guess.

But like you said, we might have found out more if the show hadn't been cancelled.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:32 AM
IMFDB Admin

One thing I wished this series had. More action scenes. The amount of guns listed made me think there will be some kind of shoot out in every episode. I was hoping even a Road Warrior reference or something. All we get is dramatic lines between characters and them being in the dark literally sometimes about the world around them.