imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 08-07-2010, 04:19 AM

Default Weapon page formatting

Hey All,
As I don't have a computer that can screencap without chokeing every five minutes. I'm going to be limiting myself to simply doing alot of weapon page cleanup and formatting. Right now I am working on mastering the cell format that we should be doing the weapon pages in and as the weapon is a favorite of mine even though it is a POS I'm starting on the Armsel Striker page.

Armsel Striker and variants

As you can see i just need years for the first part. Once the Armsel Striker page is done I'll be doing a very long and Slow formatting sweep. Anyone have any advice for me?
Old 08-07-2010, 04:21 AM

Start w/ more popular pages first

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 08-07-2010, 04:24 AM
Banned

Chronological order would be nice. The big question being: Ascending or descending?
Old 08-07-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Start w/ more popular pages first
Well just look at the Double barreled 12 gauge page. It's huge, with dozens of entires and no dates on any of the films. Starting on that will take weeks as I'd have to look up every single film to get the year so I can put everything in proper order. Thankfully outside of the fictional weapons pages most new gun pages are in the cell format.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:55 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
Well just look at the Double barreled 12 gauge page. It's huge, with dozens of entires and no dates on any of the films. Starting on that will take weeks as I'd have to look up every single film to get the year so I can put everything in proper order. Thankfully outside of the fictional weapons pages most new gun pages are in the cell format.
That's easy. Just have two windows open in your browser. Have one window on IMDB and the other on IMFDB. Just copy and paste the IMFDB title into the search window of IMDB and voila!

Seriously. IMDB has an AWESOME search engine, whereas we (IMFDB) have one of the WORST search engines in the planet.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:19 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
That's easy. Just have two windows open in your browser. Have one window on IMDB and the other on IMFDB. Just copy and paste the IMFDB title into the search window of IMDB and voila!

Seriously. IMDB has an AWESOME search engine, whereas we (IMFDB) have one of the WORST search engines in the planet.
I tried to look up the movie The Way of the Gun and if I don't capitalize the letters correctly or what not, I get nothing in my search. The Search Engine is terrible

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 08-07-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonOfInterest View Post
Chronological order would be nice. The big question being: Ascending or descending?
Ascending order (earliest-latest) usually works better since it encourages users to add the most recent entries first, whereas descending leads to random entries being added because users don't want to look through the whole list.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:58 AM

well right now i am looking at a possible thirty day escrow and hopefully I can get at least one page formatted before then. There is also the issue of two different varients being credited as the same weapon in the same scene. I guess I'm going to have to check the film pages as well. Well the 12 gauge double barreled shotgun page is going to be a real bitch to reformat. Wish me luck and send ammo and money...