imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 01-01-2010, 07:24 AM

Well, I'm certainly not fantasizing. Fantasizing would be a Webley-Fosberry or a WW1 SMLE sniper rifle.

That said, I'm qualified on the Carl G, and all I can say is "meh".
Old 01-01-2010, 07:28 AM

Nyles, you need to check out www.collectorsfirearms.com, they might just have what you're looking for

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 01-01-2010, 07:34 AM

I'm quite familiar with them, believe me. Can't buy from them, since I'm in Canada, but while they have an impressive selection and slick presentation, frankly alot of their stuff is overpriced.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:38 AM

Yeah, but they have stuff that is pretty hard to find. Last time I was over there they had a Volcanic lever action pistol and a Johnson M1941. They also have the most C96 Mausers and Les Baer pistols I have ever seen in one place

Old 01-01-2010, 03:30 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

AR-15 carbine. Actually, an AR-15 lower, and then I'll probably buy multiple upper receivers, barrels, and stocks so that I can have M4, M16A2, M16A4, and XM177 look-a-likes, depending on my mood. But right now, I mostly want an M4 look-a-like.

After that, I probably won't be purchasing anything else for the rest of the year. I'm back in school right now and don't have a job, so I can't afford to buy guns regularly. Ideally, I'd like a 1911 and some type of pistol for conceal-carry, but I'm probably going to wait a while. Plus, I'm half-expecting that I'll have to move to DC after I finish my Master's, since that's where the work in my field is concentrated. In which case, no more guns for me, ever.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:37 PM

I bet there's going to be a recall due to safety issues with all of those pistols Ruger is supposidely going to produce

Old 01-01-2010, 10:01 PM

It looks like the polymer blackhawk 2 is a joke by now, but ruger is counting down to something. The ruger sr-1911 is an idea, but not the early. They still haven't decided what aprks to make and what parts to take from others. The 1911 would be unoriginal though, ruger is known for making cool new stuff, but i see them just cycling into already crowded markets.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:54 AM

I plan on getting my first gun with my tax refund, what do you guys think a Remington 870, a Beretta CX4 Storm, a Yugoslav SKS or a Duckfoot?
Old 01-12-2010, 06:00 AM

Duckfoot. Hands down. No questions.

Seriously though, what do you plan on doing, hunting, plinking, home defense, any combination of those? Don't want any handguns, just long guns? What's the deal?
Old 01-12-2010, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
Duckfoot. Hands down. No questions.

Seriously though, what do you plan on doing, hunting, plinking, home defense, any combination of those? Don't want any handguns, just long guns? What's the deal?
You might laugh at the Duckfoot but the history and design of that pistol fascinates me. And as far as my criteria for my first gun, it has to
a.Look good
b.shot good
c.use relatively common ammo
d.Legal to own
e.Cheeper than spit
f.while not the most important thing but it helps if it has some military or Hollywood history as well.
edit: oh I almost forgot my weapons will probably be rarely used and when they are it will be used for plinking and zombie defence.

Last edited by Mad Man 2.0; 01-12-2010 at 06:40 AM.