imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 03-18-2014, 04:56 AM

Default How many gun-using roles does an actor need for inclusion on the wiki?

I noticed Ingrid Bergman's page recently. She only has one gun-using role included on this wiki, and I do remember more pages like that (though the names escape me at the moment). At least a case can be made for Ingrid Bergman can be made that she was "significant" enough to cinema history. Just how many gun-using roles does an actor require for a new page for him/her on this wiki anyway?
Old 03-18-2014, 05:24 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I noticed Ingrid Bergman's page recently. She only has one gun-using role included on this wiki, and I do remember more pages like that (though the names escape me at the moment). At least a case can be made for Ingrid Bergman can be made that she was "significant" enough to cinema history. Just how many gun-using roles does an actor require for a new page for him/her on this wiki anyway?
Theoretically, one. Personally, for male actors I'll look at their IMDB page and see if they actually had careers or if it was just one and done. (Only two of the kids in I Declare War got pages, for example.) For females, I'm less picky, since there aren't as many. I also usually hold off if I can't find a decent image of the actor.

If you think someone is "significant" enough to get a page, find a title that qualifies and make then eligible. That's what I did for Ronald Reagan.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:40 PM
IMFDB Admin

Normally I will make a page for an actor if they are a named and credited character and there is a good image of them using a weapon. If they are an unnamed character (such as being credited as "Guard" or something like that) I will normally only bother making a page if they are using a different weapon to other people as it is needed to link to when doing the listings on the gun page. If there are 5 guys though who all use the same gun, I normally wouldn't bother making 5 separate actor pages with corresponding separate listings on the gun page.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
If you think someone is "significant" enough to get a page, find a title that qualifies and make then eligible. That's what I did for Ronald Reagan.
I see, Prez Reagan wasn't a significant actor but definitely a significant person. And now we have one for "Marjoe Gortner," who created an Academy-Award-winning film, which despite its objective clearly didn't make a whit of difference.

I'll make a page for Steven Chester Prince soon. He was in A Scanner Darkly and had a recurring role in Prison Break as well.