imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 02-03-2013, 04:19 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Gearbox is a good developer after borderlands 2. That's why I haven't dismissed this game

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 02-07-2013, 03:15 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

http://www.edge-online.com/news/the-...nd-new-kinect/

I hope the used game part isn't true.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:03 AM
IMFDB Admin

I'm definitely going to see A Good Day to Die Hard in theaters, since Willis made a pro-2A comment. (He was already like that anyway.)

Stallone sucks ass, any of his movies are going to be Netflix only.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:25 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Dead Space 3 so far is fun for the most part. I don't like how EA wanted us to do microtransactions like paying for stuff we can find in the game.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 02-07-2013, 03:18 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
I'm definitely going to see A Good Day to Die Hard in theaters, since Willis made a pro-2A comment. (He was already like that anyway.)

Do you think Die Hard 5 is going to be a pass-the-torch film? The man is 57, and I'm sure they'd like to keep the franchise going.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:07 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Do you think Die Hard 5 is going to be a pass-the-torch film? The man is 57, and I'm sure they'd like to keep the franchise going.
Could be. I haven't seen Jai Courtney in anything but Spartacus. Which he was good in that. (I haven't seen Jack Reacher yet.) While Bruce is getting up there, both Sly and Arnold have 10 years on him. It doesn't seem to stop them. But I think they all know they only have a little bit of time left to do action films.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:19 PM
IMFDB Admin

As actors grow older, they eventually get relegated to "old guy" role.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:28 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Could be. I haven't seen Jai Courtney in anything but Spartacus. Which he was good in that. (I haven't seen Jack Reacher yet.) While Bruce is getting up there, both Sly and Arnold have 10 years on him. It doesn't seem to stop them. But I think they all know they only have a little bit of time left to do action films.
It's true, Sly and Arnold are older, but both of their new movies just tanked. Bruce isn't slowing down one bit though. He had six movies come out last year (seven if GI Joe 2 had been released as scheduled,) including a DTV, so he either REALLY needs the money or he likes to stay busy. I have to wonder how long he could keep that up.

If the pairing works out though, it'd be weird if his son WASN'T in the next movie.

And do you need John McClane to do a Die Hard movie? Die Hards 1-3 were all written as installments of other franchises, and they sort of shoehorned John McClane into all of them. Bourne 4 didn't have Jason Bourne, and his NAME is on the franchise.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:46 PM
IMFDB Admin

At this point I'd actually probably prefer them to pass over the Die Hard franchise to Jack. With 4 and 5 the plots have been way to "big" for lack of a better word compared to the first 3, and it is beginning to get a bit ridiculous with the global terrorist plots that this random cop keeps finding himself in the middle of. At least if it was handed off to Jack he is a CIA agent so there is greater scope for sort of plausible stories.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:

Yup, I'm glad that I was able to go see "Bullet To The Head" at a theater with incredibly cheap ticket prices. It isn't exactly "bad", but it's not really something worth paying full price to see.

http://www.introvertisland.com