imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 02-09-2012, 03:32 PM
IMFDB Admin

Default News article that pisses me off!

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46316454

I wonder how times they got turned down, when the fake buyers mentioned they probably couldn't pass a background check. Of course they aren't going to show that. I recently sold a gun locally and if the buyer even hinted he couldn't pass one and I would have turned him down. I don't care how green his money was. I got his DL# and he got mine. A criminal ain't going to mention he can't buy a gun legally. That would be stupid.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:39 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

How valid is this article? Can people just go online and find people to buy guns locally and then meet in public places for the exchange?

I've never heard of this before, I've always thought you have to do background checks,

If this is the case, I would support a bill where if you are selling privately, you must do background checks. If you the private citizen is selling guns, it is the same as selling it in a store. Now smart people would do background checks anyone. I don't want to sell my guns and it ends up in the wrong hands. It's the same as getting it stolen.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 02-09-2012, 06:08 PM

Anytime I hear about Bloomberg in the news, I just know it's going to be about some stupid BS he's doing.

I hope all of his future political endeavors are complete disasters

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 02-09-2012, 06:37 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
How valid is this article? Can people just go online and find people to buy guns locally and then meet in public places for the exchange?

I've never heard of this before, I've always thought you have to do background checks,

If this is the case, I would support a bill where if you are selling privately, you must do background checks. If you the private citizen is selling guns, it is the same as selling it in a store. Now smart people would do background checks anyone. I don't want to sell my guns and it ends up in the wrong hands. It's the same as getting it stolen.
Yup, it's called Armslist and forums as well. Most states allow private face to face transactions. But you can't ''knowingly'' sell to someone who is not allowed to possess a firearm. (That's why a criminal ain't going to say he can't pass a background check when buying one privately) Most people selling privately that originally bought it through an FFL are going to want at least the buyers DL# since it can be traced back to them.

If they allowed private individuals the option to call and run a background check like an FFL I'd be all for it.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:19 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
NBC News hired Steve Barborini, a former supervisor for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, to help with our investigation.
"He recommended we dispose of the weapons by safely shipping them to Mexico and then losing them."