imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 06-26-2009, 08:30 AM
IMFDB Admin

Yeah, rectal cancer isn't a good way to go, and she was still pretty hot for her age (perhaps more so than in the 70s).

In my opinion, the MJ everyone loved died when he turned into a white guy with a fake nose who dangled children from windows and touched little boys.
MJ died in the 80s, all we lost today was a washed up 50 year old child molestor who wore a tux and white gloves.

Well here's an MJ joke for the hell of it:
"Why did Michael Jackson go to Wal-Mart? Because the signs said 'Little boy's pants half-off!'"

As for R. Kelly, I laugh at "Tropic Thunder", where they mocked him by having the rapper "Alpo Chino" yell on his cell-phone "I didn't pee on that girl!"

Oh, and rest in peace Brig. Gen. Ed McMahon.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
The thing is he was cleared in an american court with due process.
He was actually cleared because he paid an enormous amount of money [$22 million, in fact] to settle the civil case out of court. Oddly, the alleged victim didn't want to testify in a criminal trial after he and his family were paid more money than most people will ever see in their life.

Last edited by Vangelis; 06-26-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelis View Post
He was actually cleared because he paid an enormous amount of money [$22 million, in fact] to settle the civil case out of court. Oddly, the alleged victim didn't want to testify in a criminal trial after he and his family were paid more money than most people will ever see in their life.
Correction, the last case was not settled out of court and he was legally acquitted AKA declared innocent of all counts.
Honestly I think the mother of that last case was a gold digger and she was out to get as much money off of jackson as possible.
She was reportedly very manipulative of her son.

The case in 1993 he was pressured by his legal advisors and family to settle out of court as Michael was in declining health and they did not think he could endure a lengthy trial.

As far as I'm concerned he's innocent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
MJ died in the 80s, all we lost today was a washed up 50 year old child molestor who wore a tux and white gloves.
I don't think that's true, that's like saying Clint Eastwood died after he finished with the Dirty Harry series and stopped acting in westerns.

Last edited by AdAstra2009; 06-26-2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:53 AM
IMFDB Admin

I'm sorry, but that's a horrible analogy. Clint Eastwood has continued to be a badass to even today, MJ turned into a total wierdo and stopped making music.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:18 AM

Quote:
MJ turned into a total wierdo and stopped making music.
Well I really don't think this is MJ's fault.
Michael Jackson developed vitiligio in the mid 80's which causes him to gradually lose splotches of pigmentation in the skin.
At first he covered up the white spots with makeup matching the color of a black man.
Later as more and more spots appeared it overcame him so he found it easier to just cover up the black spots with white.
Eventually basically he became almost completely fair skinned due to vitiligio.
About his nose his father use to always torment him and called him ugly, his nose in particular. So he developed a complex about it and received surgery.

A Psychological profile of him done during the court cases describe that he has basically regressed to the mental/psychological state of a 10 year old.(explaining the sleep over parties with walt disney films)

And he never stopped making music, he had continued and you would not know as you may not have been a fan(I would not consider myself a fan either but I thought he had some good stuff)
He was scheduled to go on a 50 concert tour in the UK in July which was sold out.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:05 AM
IMFDB Admin

Fair enough, you clearly know your facts. I'm just not a fan of his.

But never, and I repeat, NEVER compare this man, a legendary tough guy who can still kick ass at 79:

To this guy, who kicked the bucket at 50.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Fair enough, you clearly know your facts. I'm just not a fan of his.

But never, and I repeat, NEVER compare this man, a legendary tough guy who can still kick ass at 79:
Yeah, I guess that was a bad comparison
Old 06-29-2009, 06:14 AM

Another tragedy, Billy Mays.
I don't know how long his legacy will last, but I'll miss seeing him yell about stuff I'll never purchase.

What I read is that he hit his head on a hard landing when the plane tire blew out. They found him dead the next morning.
I would assume he got a concussion and then went to sleep on it.

Not a good week.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:41 PM
IMFDB Admin

Billy Mays died yesterday?! I was just getting hooked on Pitch Men. It figures he'd die just after this new show showed the world what a dick he was off camera. None-the-less he seemed like a cool guy.

I guess OxyClean is really fucked now, huh?