imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1031  
Old 06-07-2011, 07:26 PM
funkychinaman's Avatar
funkychinaman funkychinaman is offline
IMFDB & Forum Admin
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 2,611
Default

There are SOOOO many thing wrong with this paragraph, I don't even know where to begin.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/dway...od-for-encore/
__________________
"Me fail English? That's unpossible!"
Reply With Quote
  #1032  
Old 06-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Spartan198's Avatar
Spartan198 Spartan198 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The scorched state of California
Posts: 2,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon out on 10/11/11. I think MW3 just got bumped off of the top of the to-pre-order list.

(And is there a rule that every game has to have a gunship level now?)
I'm a little effy on that one. I love the Ace Combat franchise (F-117 Night Storm remains my favorite flight sim, though), but one of the things I liked most about it was the strangereal setting.
__________________
"The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention which has been praised and denounced... served hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history."

“What is morality in any given time or place? It is what the majority then and there happen to like, and immorality is what they dislike.” - Alfred North Whitehead
Reply With Quote
  #1033  
Old 06-07-2011, 08:28 PM
funkychinaman's Avatar
funkychinaman funkychinaman is offline
IMFDB & Forum Admin
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 2,611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
I'm a little effy on that one. I love the Ace Combat franchise (F-117 Night Storm remains my favorite flight sim, though), but one of the things I liked most about it was the strangereal setting.
Yeah, I was okay with whatever planet or alternate dimension the rest of the series was set in. Bringing it to the real world just brings in more complications and limitations. Leave the real world to HAWX. I'm guessing it'll be a lot like HAWX, except, you know, good.
__________________
"Me fail English? That's unpossible!"
Reply With Quote
  #1034  
Old 06-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Swordfish941's Avatar
Swordfish941 Swordfish941 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fishers, Indiana
Posts: 3,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
There are SOOOO many thing wrong with this paragraph, I don't even know where to begin.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/dway...od-for-encore/
Let's just reboot the goddamn franchise with a director who can direct and actors who can act. Here's an example of GI Joe done right (made by yours truly):

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=35982
__________________
Can we start with part where Jayne gets knocked out by 90-pound girl? Hoban "Wash" Washburne (Alan Tudyk), Serenity

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Reply With Quote
  #1035  
Old 06-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Spartan198's Avatar
Spartan198 Spartan198 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The scorched state of California
Posts: 2,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Yeah, I was okay with whatever planet or alternate dimension the rest of the series was set in. Bringing it to the real world just brings in more complications and limitations. Leave the real world to HAWX. I'm guessing it'll be a lot like HAWX, except, you know, good.
I'd love for Horizon to get HAWX's flight characteristics, though. If you were flying a Fulcrum or Flanker in HAWX (or pretty much any other plane), you could actually pull off maneuvers like this. Good luck trying that in any previous Ace Combat title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
Let's just reboot the goddamn franchise with a director who can direct and actors who can act. Here's an example of GI Joe done right (made by yours truly):

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=35982
"Actors"? The only weak point I felt Rise of Cobra had was Channing Tatum.
__________________
"The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention which has been praised and denounced... served hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history."

“What is morality in any given time or place? It is what the majority then and there happen to like, and immorality is what they dislike.” - Alfred North Whitehead

Last edited by Spartan198; 06-07-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1036  
Old 06-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Swordfish941's Avatar
Swordfish941 Swordfish941 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fishers, Indiana
Posts: 3,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
"Actors"? The only weak point I felt Rise of Cobra had was Channing Tatum.
Channing Tatum can not act even if I held a shotgun to his head. But the rest of the actors were okay in their role (like Christopher Eccleston as Destro) or were miscasted (like Marlon Wayans as Ripcord). But the sequel is going to suck so much, not even The Rock can save it. And go check out my fancast!!
__________________
Can we start with part where Jayne gets knocked out by 90-pound girl? Hoban "Wash" Washburne (Alan Tudyk), Serenity

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Reply With Quote
  #1037  
Old 06-07-2011, 08:55 PM
funkychinaman's Avatar
funkychinaman funkychinaman is offline
IMFDB & Forum Admin
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 2,611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
Let's just reboot the goddamn franchise with a director who can direct and actors who can act. Here's an example of GI Joe done right (made by yours truly):

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=35982
Two things stuck out: 1) Ken Watanabe is 51 years old. Why not just put Louis Changchien as Storm Shadow? Snake Eyes is supposed to be a white guy anyway. 2) I wonder what Vernon Wells is doing now? I always thought he'd make a great Major Bludd.

Spartan is right, the casting they had for the film wasn't that bad. Channing Tatum makes Keanu Reeves look like Laurence Olivier, and Joseph Gordon Levitt just felt a bit "off" as CC. I don't think he's a bad actor, it's just not the right role for him, in my opinion. As for Marlon Wayans, I know he CAN be a good actor, I just blame the writing.
__________________
"Me fail English? That's unpossible!"
Reply With Quote
  #1038  
Old 06-07-2011, 08:58 PM
funkychinaman's Avatar
funkychinaman funkychinaman is offline
IMFDB & Forum Admin
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 2,611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
I'd love for Horizon to get HAWX's flight characteristics, though. If you were flying a Fulcrum or Flanker in HAWX (or pretty much any other plane), you could actually pull off maneuvers like this. Good luck trying that in any previous Ace Combat title.
I never used that enhanced manueverabilty whatever in HAWX except to get the achievement anyway. It just felt weird. I know the games aren't supposed to be realistic, but that was just too much.
__________________
"Me fail English? That's unpossible!"
Reply With Quote
  #1039  
Old 06-07-2011, 09:00 PM
k9870's Avatar
k9870 k9870 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Maine
Posts: 4,255
Default

Got 179 tradein credit at gamestop today. They had the 50% more deal. Funny thing is my copy of left4dead2 i got used for 20 dollars and got 17.95 back
__________________
"I don't need luck, I have ammo!"

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Reply With Quote
  #1040  
Old 06-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Swordfish941's Avatar
Swordfish941 Swordfish941 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fishers, Indiana
Posts: 3,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Two things stuck out: 1) Ken Watanabe is 51 years old. Why not just put Louis Changchien as Storm Shadow? Snake Eyes is supposed to be a white guy anyway. 2) I wonder what Vernon Wells is doing now? I always thought he'd make a great Major Bludd.

Spartan is right, the casting they had for the film wasn't that bad. Channing Tatum makes Keanu Reeves look like Laurence Olivier, and Joseph Gordon Levitt just felt a bit "off" as CC. I don't think he's a bad actor, it's just not the right role for him, in my opinion. As for Marlon Wayans, I know he CAN be a good actor, I just blame the writing.
I thought Ken Wantanabe was 42. And I did not know that Snakw Eyes was white (I always knew he was badass). But do you know who would make a good Tomax and Xamot? Sharlto Copley. What did you think of my other choices?
__________________
Can we start with part where Jayne gets knocked out by 90-pound girl? Hoban "Wash" Washburne (Alan Tudyk), Serenity

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.