imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 01-21-2011, 10:16 PM

did any of them ever do a big concert there? Maybe you can say he likes them and saw them live?

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 01-23-2011, 01:16 AM

I've finally decided on Johnny's weapons:

* His sidearm is a SIG Sauer P225.

* His main weapon is a Heckler & Koch MP5A3 fitted with a Navy trigger group, Surefire 628 weapon light, ACOG scope, and two magazines clipped together. His secondary weapon is a Milkor MGL-140.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 01-23-2011, 02:04 AM

Id go with a 228 or something with bigger capacity.....

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 01-23-2011, 02:15 AM

Early in the story, when the gang is discussing what they're going to do with their share of the money, Greg says that he could care less about money. He just loves living the life of a mercenary ("Deep down inside, I'm a soldier at heart. I don't give a rat's arse about money. Money burns, y'know.").

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 01-23-2011, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
Early in the story, when the gang is discussing what they're going to do with their share of the money, Greg says that he could care less about money. He just loves living the life of a mercenary ("Deep down inside, I'm a soldier at heart. I don't give a rat's arse about money. Money burns, y'know.").
Lame. (10characterpost)

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 01-23-2011, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Lame. (10characterpost)
What do you mean "lame"?

Old 01-23-2011, 02:31 AM

Hes got to want something, bigger apartment, some custom guns, restore an old car or motorcycle, etc.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 01-23-2011, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Hes got to want something, bigger apartment, some custom guns, restore an old car or motorcycle, etc.
Okay, maybe a better apartment and to restore a motorcycle, but I still want to keep that line in there.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:32 PM

Another passage:

“You want some?” he said, offering them to Lynn. She just gave the eggs a nonchalant look at them.

“Greg, I’m a vegetarian. I don’t eat meat.”

“I am aware of what a vegetarian is. I just wanted to know if you want some eggs. Eggs aren’t meat.”

“Eggs are the aborted chicks.”

Greg suddenly burst into a fit of laughter. He stopped, caught his breath, and looked at Lynn.

“Look, chickens don’t have unexpected pregnancies. They just lay the eggs and keep them warm until they hatch. And chickens are probably the stupidest animals on earth. They can’t decide if they want to keep their eggs. They have no free will.”

“I don’t need your opinion, Greg.”

“Well, I’m just openly voicing my opinion.”

He fished a half empty packet of Marlboros out of his pocket and offered a cigarette to each of them. The only taker was Todd. He took one for himself and lit it. He handed the lighter to Todd, who then lit his.

“Good god, why can’t you smoke outside?” Rocco asked as he entered the kitchen. He was wearing a t-shirt stained with bits of smudge and a pair of jeans. He sat down at the table and rested his head on his hand.

“Rocco, is there anything wrong with the engines?”

“They’re purring like a fucking kitten. The pistons are running smoothly and nothing seems to be broken.” He leaned back in his chair and scratched the back of his head. “How much are we getting paid again?”

“I’ve probably told you a thousand times, but I’ll say it again just for your sake. We’re getting paid 25,000 Rand and we’re splitting it ten ways.”

“There are nine of us.”

“The tenth share will be added to the budget.”

“Well I know what I’m going to do with my share.” Rocco said. “I’m going to buy spark plugs.”

“Why do you want spark plugs?” Ares asked.
“To fix up an engine of a Ford Pinto. I got the car from a used car dealer for 4000 Rand. The only con to the car is that the engine is shot to shit. For the past three months I’ve been rebuilding the engine. I just need spark plugs and I’m good to go.”

“You’ve could of picked a better car, you know.”

“Ares, that was the only car in my price range. Anyway, what are you gonna do with your money?”

“I don’t really know. I just want to get back to port. I really miss air conditioning and cold beer.”

“Fair enough.” Rocco said turning to Greg. “And you?”

“I’m just going to use my share and some of my savings to buy a better apartment. But to be honest, I could care less about money. I just fuckin’ love this job. The pay is good, but I just love being a fuckin’ mercenary. It’s better than wasting away your life in a dead end desk job, working nine to five to come home to a ratty apartment, and at the end of it all, nothing to show for it but a cheap gold watch that isn’t even worth five rand and a friendly note from the H&R lady that tries to boost your morals. Let’s face it: I’m a soldier at heart.”

Greg took a long drag from his cigarette, exhaled, and then scarfed down the rest of his eggs.

Johnny walked into the kitchen with the earphones of his Zune wrapped around his neck. He gave everyone in the room a one sided smile.

“Greg old boy, we’re almost near the harbor. You going to get the money?”

“Ja. Andersson told me to meet him in the yachting marina. He’s going to give the other half there.” He got out of his chair. “Alright, you all know the drill. Rocco, I want you on lookout. Todd, help me with the cleats. The rest of you are to work on the bow and stern anchors.”

Old 01-23-2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
Johnny walked into the kitchen with the earphones of his Zune wrapped around his neck. .”
Johnny has a good taste in MP3 players.