imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 05-09-2011, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
What are Recces equivalant to as a u.s. force?
They are the South African equvilant to the U.S. Special Forces.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 05-14-2011, 09:52 PM

I have some ideas for weapons that the rest of the security force carries. A majority of the guards carry 6.8mm M4 Carbines fitted with Magpul CTR stocks, M68 Aimpoint Scopes, and Surefire M900A light/fore grips. They also carry FN SCARs fitted with Eotech sights and foregrips. The standard sidearm of the Security force is a Heckler & Koch USP chambered in 9x19mm (Greg briefly uses one when the receiver of R5 is broken). I need a name of the security force, do you guys have any?

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 05-14-2011, 10:08 PM

T.E.A.M. (tactically epic and manly).

Nah Just kidding, cant think of anything cool weapon choices though. Get a sniper with a l129 and a gpmg gunner and its good to go.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 07-27-2011, 08:08 PM

It's been a whole month since I've wrote in the book. I've decided to switch from Greg's to Ares' point of view. I'll develop his character more. "Ares" is actually call sign (just like Lee Adama from Battlestar Galactica. Do you guys have any suggestions for the rest of the merc's callsigns?

Old 07-28-2011, 01:29 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Have all their callsigns be a pattern, like other Greek Gods, zodiac signs, animals, etc?
Old 07-28-2011, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
Have all their callsigns be a pattern, like other Greek Gods, zodiac signs, animals, etc?
Maybe you could give each merc a callsign based on the mythological god that best reflects their behavior/personality?

http://www.introvertisland.com

Last edited by S&Wshooter; 08-01-2011 at 01:14 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Maybe you could give each merc a callsign based on the mythological god that best reflects their behavior/personality?
Any suggestions?

Old 07-28-2011, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
Any suggestions?
You want me to come up with ideas AND do research for you?

You know what, I did take several semesters of Mythology. PM me a list of the mercs and their base personality traits

Old 07-28-2011, 02:20 AM

This will take a little while since I am busy right this minute.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:06 AM

Here is a passage that I just finished:

“So you were special.”

“Essentially yes. After basic training, I did a few peacekeeping missions in Kenya and Ethiopia. Then I got send to Uganda to deal with the LRA.”

“What the hell is the LRA?”

The two of them looked towards the spare bedroom door and found Rocco leaning against it. He was in a dirty T-shirt with a pair of Khaki shorts. His pistol was shoved into the front of his pants.

Greg took another sip of his coffee and addressed Rocco. “Roc, the LRA is the Lord’s Resistance Army. They’re basically a sectarian military group based upon apocalyptic Christianity.”

“Great, a bunch of Bible-thumping anarchists.” Rocco muttered as he poured himself of a cup of coffee. “Can pick a better coffee brand? What is this?”

“I don’t know. Just coffee. Anyway Roc, why the hell did you put salvia in the pipe?”

“Revenge”

“Revenge for what?”

“For making me crawl into the heart of the ship where it’s hotter than hell just to check on the goddamn engine.”

Greg inhaled deeply through his nose and gave Rocco an annoyed look. “Look, I’ve been more than generous to you. When we first met, you tried to mug me and I broke your hand trying to get the gun out of it. I bought you a drink to apologize and said you were laid off from a job as a car mechanic. I gave you a job fixing the engine and going out on jobs with us. I’ve saved you twice during an attack from Somali pirates and I begrudgingly let you stay at my flat until you find yourself a new home. And you this is how you thank me?”

“You know, Greg’s got a point.” Katie said, finishing off her chips. “He’s been like the Good Samaritan.”