imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 01-18-2011, 03:10 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache View Post
Perhaps a {grandfathered} tag is in order? To indicate that though a page is technically against the rules, it has been given special recognition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkovich View Post
How about a {WorkInProgress} tag?
Both sound like great idea. The problem with having a grandfathered tag is the tags are supposed to be temporarily not permanent.
Mail Call has a simple note. '''NOTE: Though IMFDB does not permit documentaries this page had been made an exception by Administrators.'''
But I'm not sure that would stop people from adding a nuke tag on other pages, so the grandfathered tag may help.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkovich View Post
How about a {WorkInProgress} tag?
IMHO I don't think pages should be on IMFDB until they are complete in the first place.

Another thing is that we should implement a policy that you are not to put any [[category:movie]] tags onto the page until it is finished.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:04 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
IMHO I don't think pages should be on IMFDB until they are complete in the first place.

Another thing is that we should implement a policy that you are not to put any [[category:movie]] tags onto the page until it is finished.
That may work for pages which are really SPARSE, but some pages are just shy of being complete or the OP missed something and can't finish it. Those SHOULD be allowed, so that others can help.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:19 AM

Sounds pretty doable to me. I don't usually have much of a problem there, I tend to do my pages in a matter of 3 days or so, if they're gun-heavy.
I can see it taking longer if I don't have the large chunk of uninterrupted free time I need.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:11 PM

I got slapped with a Nuke tag on my Aliens vs. Predator 2 page before I was able to post pictures. The tagger was kind enough to remove it once the page was complete, though. I agree that there should be a grace period for people who have proven themselves before (by having made two or more reasonably complete pages). Otherwise, the incomplete tag would be appropriate for those who display a modicum of effort, the "lack of effort is duly noted" for less, and "nuke" tag only for those who explicitly break the rules on creating pages even with images.

Perhaps instead of flinging the negative tags around like Halloween candy it'd be better if there was a "flag for moderator review" button that put a flag on the page for a moderator to put it under review. That way the judgement process is left in the hands of those who have proven themselves.

Last edited by Mazryonh; 01-26-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:30 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I got slapped with a Nuke tag on my Aliens vs. Predator 2 page before I was able to post pictures. The tagger was kind enough to remove it once the page was complete, though. I agree that there should be a grace period for people who have proven themselve, though. Otherwise, the incomplete tag would be appropriate for those who display a modicum of effort, the "lack of effort is duly noted" for less, and "nuke" tag only for those who explicitly break the rules on creating pages even with images.

You're on to something here.

The {noeffort} and {nuke} tags are pretty insulting. {incomplete} should only be a gentle reminder if some time has gone by and there is no more forward progress on the page. But slapping ANYONE with a {noeffort} or a {nuke} page is essentially telling them "You're EPIC FAIL!" The page should REALLY deserve it before slapping any of these tags on them. If they are truly atrocious then the makers should not be offended and learn from their mistakes. But I fear we drive off noobs who are terrified of being publicly humiliated for screwing up.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:08 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache View Post
Perhaps a {grandfathered} tag is in order? To indicate that though a page is technically against the rules, it has been given special recognition.
This is a really great idea. People keep asking us stuff like why we claim documentaries are not allowed even though we've left up some pages that predated the rule (and which took enough effort to make that deleting would seem unfair). I'm all for this.