imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 05-31-2009, 02:17 AM

Default Guns You Plan To Buy

Well, I am planning guns I want in the future. Some will come quicker than others.

Marlin 336: An excellent hunting rifle. I love my friend's marlin. Want one myself.

Savae 10 FCP-K: I like savage rifles. This is a nice tactical rifle. Id add a good scope (maybe a burris fullfield tactical) for a made-in-america package. Its accurate and would have very low recoil. .308, of course.

Franchi or Beretta O/U shotguns:

Eventually I want a good O/U, and these two brands impress me. Tried an older Franci and Newer Beretta 686.

1911: Thinking I may get a custom build by Fusion. They are made by former Dan Wesson Folks, and Wesson Impresses me. Fusion offers all the custom features at less $ than WIlson/brown. Everyone I know with a fusion loves theres. .45 acp., of course.

Walther P99:

Havent shot it but held one, and it fits like a glove. One in 9mm would be good for the range since 9mm is generally cheaper. Have shot a p22, pleasant little 22.

Smith and Wesson 627 PC 5"

8 rounds of .357 in moon clips seems quite impressive. '

Ruger SP-101: Small, easy to CC or as a BUG

Savage MK2 BV (bull barrel 22) for range time, .22lr is cheap to shoot and this model is .5moa or better.

Ruger Redhawk or Smith 629:

Well, the raw power is awesome.

Benelli Supernova Pump Tactcial:

Need a good HD shotgun, the 870 i have is more a beater range gun.

Ruger SR-556: This looks like a solid step up in the AR department

CMP Garand: LOve em. Nuff Said

As many milsurps as i can find

You? And yes, these are palns to buy, not just wants.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:08 AM
IMFDB Admin

Just something I want to say first, I have a serious distrust for O/U shotguns. My first and only accidental discharge was with a 410 O/U which fired when I shut the barrels, and I fired a 12 Gauge O/U which double kicked me (fired both barrels at ONCE).

Future buy plans:

* The Bushmaster XM15 M4A3 rifle I was talking about.

* A good quality Single Action Army replica, maybe a Cimmaron. Now they sell the one with Clint Eastwood's "Man with no name" silver snake grips, so I might look for that eventually in an Artillery model.

* A Beretta 92FS. Steel frame, night sights. None of those aluminum framed guns I keep running into.

* A Glock 17 3rd Generation. My dad's selling the 1st Gen olympic style Glock 17 (which I don't really like even though it is rare) and I figured a newer 3rd Gen would do well.

* A Glock 19. All the Concealed Carry guys I see use those and I liked the one I shot. A 2nd gen model would do me well.

* A Colt 1851 Navy replica revolver. I've always liked the balance and feel of this old percussion revolver. It is lighter and more manueverable than the Colt 1860 Army.

* A SIG-Sauer P226. I like this gun, but I want a newer model. I like STEEL frames. Aluminum cracks. Ask the guys who had gotten some serious injuries testing Beretta 92SBs for the military.

* A Smith & Wesson Model 66. A nice looking wheel gun, and I like stainless steel better than S&W's older bluing, which rusts if you breath on it wrong.

*Smith & Wesson Model 64. Also a nice looking gun, it looked good in The Dark Knight.

* A good quality M1 Carbine. I've always liked these guns but the one I own is a grade A POS ("piece of shit" to those who don't know what that means....) and everyone I have to test for the shop is crappy because why would it need to be in the gunshop unless something was wrong with it?

* An M1A1 Thompson. I don't care what it takes, I want one of these with the original length barrel. None of those ugly 16" barrel models which bring shame to the gun. Maybe if I'm rich when I'm older (yeah right) I'll get a class three and buy one.

I could go on forever so I'll stop here...
Old 05-31-2009, 03:26 AM

The O/U would be trap only. Mostly single shots and only shooting doubles occaisonally. Probably the only safe queen ill ever own. Everything else will be shot. A lot. I never understood people who never shoot their guns.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post

* A Glock 19. All the Concealed Carry guys I see use those and I liked the one I shot. A 2nd gen model would do me well.
Kind of hard to get a CCW permit in NY.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:22 AM

I doubt GM will live in that commie state his whole life.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Yeah, I live in Maryland right now.
We have a 20 round magazine limit, we also can only buy pistols that are on some approved list, sort of like california.

I plan on moving to Texas, Montana, or maybe Alaska later in my life.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:18 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Well put. I wish I lived in a state I was proud of, but this place sucks.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:51 PM

My state is the highest taxed in the nation, up north it seems nobody cares about road maintenance, and theres almost no deer crrently. But we are laid back about guns and there is unlimited bag on yotes.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
My state is the highest taxed in the nation, up north it seems nobody cares about road maintenance, and theres almost no deer crrently. But we are laid back about guns and there is unlimited bag on yotes.
What state is that?
Old 05-31-2009, 04:09 PM

Maine. Forgot to add, tons of tourists...ugh.