imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 06-03-2013, 01:19 PM

Default Wonderful show missing a page...for now...

Upon watching the first season of Longmire, a wonderfully brilliant show, I noticed that IMFDB does not have a page on the show. I've identified the sidearms of the main characters and many of the supporting and guest characters and am nearly ready to begin a page but before I did, I have a few questions.

First, what's a good place to look at so far as tutorials go when it comes to make the page itself. I've never made a wiki page. I've found a plethora of tutorials but I was wondering if any of you guys have a single go-to source for all questions answered I'd appreciate it.

My second question concerns screen-grabs. I have pictures screen-grabbed from the show on Netflix and Hulu, but before even thinking of uploading them, I want to be sure that they're alright to use.

Thanks much fellas, hope to be editing soon!
Old 06-03-2013, 04:26 PM
IMFDB Admin

A page was started. But it was during when it was airing on tv, hard to screencap then. The dvd's just became available last week. The talk page is still up, with the main page work on there. If you got screencaps, we'll try to help you any way we can. http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Talk:Longmire

Last edited by predator20; 06-03-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:31 PM

I have screen grabs for Walt and all the deputies. Walt carries a 1911. Vic carries a Glock 19 like the page says. Looks like Branch is using a Sigma, of all things (I got a couple of good ones of that). And Ferg looks like he's carrying a S&W revolver. I'm not much of a revolver guy, but from the couple of crummy grabs I've pulled, my source guesses it to be a Model 28 or 29. Where Should I toss the screen-grabs?
Old 06-12-2013, 05:14 AM
IMFDB Admin

Put the screen grabs on the talk page for now. When it gets a little more complete, a new main page can be created.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:18 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I watched and partially capped the first episode. Netflix has the first season on Instant View. It's only ten episodes, but it's not very high on my priority list right now.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:27 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanopyFive View Post
I have screen grabs for Walt and all the deputies. Walt carries a 1911. Vic carries a Glock 19 like the page says. Looks like Branch is using a Sigma, of all things (I got a couple of good ones of that). And Ferg looks like he's carrying a S&W revolver. I'm not much of a revolver guy, but from the couple of crummy grabs I've pulled, my source guesses it to be a Model 28 or 29. Where Should I toss the screen-grabs?
Is it a Sigma? I thought it was just a two-tone Glock 19. But I'm only three episodes in, and he's only drawn it once.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:29 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I watched and partially capped the first episode. Netflix has the first season on Instant View. It's only ten episodes, but it's not very high on my priority list right now.
After another user made another half-hearted attempt that was deleted, I'm just going to power through. It's a lot harder to cap than what I've been doing.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:44 AM
IMFDB Admin

I don't like it when Hollywood Screenwriters make up stuff about Wyoming gun laws. IN S2E2, Branch discusses arresting Holly Whitish for open carrying an 'unregistered' handgun. 1) You can open carry a loaded handgun in Wyoming and 2) Wyoming doesn't REGISTER any firearm. They don't track rifles, shotguns, handguns, or even Assault rifles. There is no registry. Besides, this is rural Wyoming, in areas filled with wolves and bears. What kind of idiot would think it was illegal for a woman who owns a ranch in the middle of nowhere to have a loaded handgun in plain view on a hip holster? An Los Angeles screenwriter, I suppose.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:34 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

The thing that bugs me about the show so far, (like I said, still only three episodes in,) is that Longmire carries his M1911 in Condition 2. (I suppose it could be Condition 3 as well.) I can imagine someone who was issued an M1911 not being comfortable carrying a loaded and cocked sidearm, but I can't imagine anyone who would CHOOSE to carry an M1911 and not carrying it cocked. Do they explain that in a later episode? With all the guns in the show, you figure someone on the set would've picked up on that.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:33 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
The thing that bugs me about the show so far, (like I said, still only three episodes in,) is that Longmire carries his M1911 in Condition 2. (I suppose it could be Condition 3 as well.) I can imagine someone who was issued an M1911 not being comfortable carrying a loaded and cocked sidearm, but I can't imagine anyone who would CHOOSE to carry an M1911 and not carrying it cocked. Do they explain that in a later episode? With all the guns in the show, you figure someone on the set would've picked up on that.
I don't think you should read too much into what condition people carry pistols in for TV and movies. I would imagine that most of the time when you see a pistol in a holster it is either a replica or completely unloaded, so don' think they would bother cocking it to look like it was loaded. Also, they might not like people walking around with a holstered gun that it cocked, as it may be a safety concern.

Just BTW, I don't think you should ever carry a 1911 in condition 2 anyway, either 1 or 3 are the safer ways. It was designed to be carried cocked with the safety on, and in the original 1911s (pre Series 80 I think) there wasn't a hammer block meaning that if dropped from a height or knocked with considerable force there is a danger of it going off it it was kept hammer down on a loaded chamber.